1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F.E.A.R. (Vid-Game Review)

Discussion in 'Game House' started by MAD, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

The Game: FEAR (First Encounter Assault Recon)

The Genre: First Person Shooter/Action (Veteran gamers like myself call this "FPS" or "Twitch"

The Story: You are part of a secret spec-ops team that deals with "special paranormal" situations. You are the rookie, and the mission is to take out a man who telepathically controls several hundred cloned super-soldiers.

The Deal: alright, everyone bashes this game for no good reason. ITS AN EXCELLENT TITLE...
    This game (to my knowledge) was the first to implement active 3D sim texturing (IE, you shoot the wall, chunks of cement fly out at you, and dust obscures your view for a bit. The area you shot LOOKS like there is a hole, where the hole is actually an adaptive texture that moves according to the players view angle. Granted you can see its still flat at a viewing angle of 30degrees or more, BUT I LIKE IT) The fact that is fairly low polygon is no real issue, the dynamic lighting and active shadows MORE than make up for it.

What it has that unique: the game allows the player to simulates a mental phenomenon known as "Time Compression" (IE, during times of high stress, the world seems to slow down, and everything seems sluggish. The fact is that you brain is simply thinking faster is whats happenening. Vick, my clone might know about this, ask him and see if I am accurate in my assessment.) Anyway, the special ability is called "slow-mo", and makes the game all the more entertaining. While the ability is active, EVERYTHING slwos down but you. You can SEE the bullet trails and what not, and they look just like the scene from the matrix movie where whats-his-face cant seem to hit that NEO-Doofus.

MADS RATING: 14,526,347 out of 15,000,000 Nicely done game, and fun to play. I reccomend playing this game at night with the sound turned up and the lights off, this makes all the ambient whispering and sudden ghost apperances all the more scary and fun :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:

2. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

OK mad you gotta mention what game system ya got. I got a PS3 and hubby and me are getting into the co-op shooter games. i am in love with Army of Two and i am going to check out the new call of duty as its co-op.

3. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Me? I just have a computer. Thats what I do most of my gaming on

(I am a casualty of the late 90's, where the most comfortable way for me to game is with a mouse and keyboard. This further evolved into a trackball / keypad combo)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.