1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye Problems

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by rcar77, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcar77

rcar77 (Micro Crab)

I bought this little guy about 3 weeks ago. He just came up today and I notice that there is something wrong with his eye. Well it is mostly gone. He seems to be moving along pretty good. But does anyone have a idea what could cause this. Right now I am watching eat. My crabitat is pretty good I have consistent 75-80 degrees and 70-80% humidity. I have followed all the guidelines on this site when setting up my crabitat.

Here is a pic

[​IMG]

2. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

First of all, he most likely came to you with that eye being malformed. My oldest crab, Big Momma, has one eye that is just a speck. From things I've learned regarding a deformed eye, there is nothing you can do. The eye may or may not regenerate during a moult.

But as long as the crab is active and eating, you have no reason to worry.

3. rcar77

rcar77 (Micro Crab)

His eye was not like that when i bought him. I do have a pic of him right after i bought him and his eye was not like that.

4. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Now you've got me. It doesn't look like he was in a fight. And he didn't moult. I have no idea. Maybe someone else has been in this type of situation.

Still, if he's doing okay otherwise, nothing can be done. Maybe it will return to normal after a moult or two.

5. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

its easy it could be a molt deformity or simply he is losing the eye- I have had all kinds of eye issues and that resembles a bad molt and or loss. But it was said not to worry they get around just fine :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.