1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethoxyquin

Discussion in '~HCRU Hard Drive~ - Carved In Stone' started by ReganShaw, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

I know that this is bad for hermies, but can someone explain why?

Jenny

2. Love4HermitCrabs

Love4HermitCrabs (Micro Crab)

Hopefully Gertie will answer your question better then I do because all I know is that it's a preservative that over time can kill Hermie's. That is why I am so big on organic flowers and herbs. Thanks to Gertie my Hermie's have a much more natural food soure and this food smells good to [​IMG]
    Sandra

3. Gertrude Snicklegrove

Gertrude Snicklegrove Hi, I'm New Here!

Avoid food preserved with chemical anti-oxidents and preservatives, such as BHT, BHA and ethyoxiquin; these are diluted poisons that can build up in your pet over time; they are poisons and the cheapest preservatives on the market. The FDA does not have the same standards for pet foods as human foods, so pet companies get away with this. They simply have to submit a company test.

Preservatives that are not harmful are honey, vitamin c and e. There are some others as well.[​IMG]

4. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

<span class="ev_code_RED">I read some where that the hermie cookies have ethyoxiquin in them. Is it true has anyone read the lable?</span> I seen them at Petco and didn't get them. Later I went back for them they were gone. Then I heard about the Ethoxquin.

5. mari61960

mari61960 "Never Molted"

I just threw out two jars of food, one was Zoo Med I forgot already what the other was. But both had Ethoxyquin listed as a perservative. [​IMG]

6. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

The Hermit Cookies do have ETHOXYQUIN in them, so steer clear of them. In case you didn't see it yet CudaCrabby has started a safe food list in Foods, Treats & Home Recipes[​IMG]. More will be added to the list, and if you have something that you know of that isn't on the list you can PM me or Cuda to have it put on.

7. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

[​IMG]Thanks Jenny I guess it was a good thing that they were out [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.