1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethoxyquin research

Discussion in 'What's Cooking? - Not Poison!' started by cpcmember2000, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpcmember2000

cpcmember2000 Hi, I'm New Here!

I just wanted to make a new post on this subject according to the things I have found. I made a post on a turtle forum I visit about Ethoxyquin in the turtle foods as well. A vet from Australia posted the link listed below with a letter to the FDA another vet wrote including some interesting facts some of you may not know. While she speaks of dogs, I am sure it pertains to every species of animal and their food.

The one big thing I would like to point out is that, according to this DVM's research with dog food, pretty much any pet food containing animal bi-products contains Ethoxyquin as well even if it is not listed on the label. While the company may or may not have added it as well it is contained within the bi-product.

http://www.holisticvetpetcare.com/ethoxyquin.htm

2. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

Thank you very much for that report cpcmember2000. It is so sad to think that the FDA doesn't seem to care that our animals are being poisoned. Maybe as a group we can do something to change this. This thread will definitly be added to the library sooner or later, depending on reponses.

3. cpcmember2000

cpcmember2000 Hi, I'm New Here!

I had to make this post. It just makes me wonder now how small that list of "good" foods may get.

4. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

Thanks for providing that information. I was reading it and actually got the shivers. It reminded me of an additive in diet colas that was causing problems. Sad how the FDA was set up to protect us, yet is slowly poisioning us and our companions.

5. Gertrude Snicklegrove

Gertrude Snicklegrove Hi, I'm New Here!

Yes, that information is correct, all meat meals, bone meals, any of the "leftovers" not fit for human consumption from the meat rendering factory plants. Ethioxyquin is the cheapest and most potent preservative on the market, working "miracles" on unfit food.[​IMG] This debate, these concerns about ethioxiquin are becomming commonplace on most pet boards and with veterinarians.

Gertie

6. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

and another sad fact is that most of the cheaer animal foods, (dogs, cats, horses, cows) are testing positive for phenobarbitol! That is what the vest use to euth animals.
    The rendering plants are selling the bodies of the deceased animals to make pet food!!!! That is another outrage imho.
    I don't want to even get started on the FDA, it really is not about protecting us at all, it is about the "money".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.