1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Establishing a Specific Time Reference to PPS Related Death

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by RFcrabs, Mar 11, 2006.

?

What should the time duration be for representing PPS related death?

1. 30 days from purchase date, no exceptions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 30 days from purchase date, and up to 60 days if the crab molts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 60 days from purchase date, no exceptions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 60 days from purchase date, and a case by case assessment of first molt death extending past the 60

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 30 days from purchase date or up until first molt, assessed on a case by case basis for the first 90

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 30 days from purchase date, and a case by case assessment for molts occurring after 60days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. no fixed duration

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RFcrabs

RFcrabs Guest

Please read these two news articles:

Redefining Post Purchase Stress(PPS)

and

Refining the Purpose of ISOLATION

This poll is to offer you the opportunity to voice your opinion about how to define the TIME duration we will utilize when we classify PPS related death. The committee (comprising of Sister Site Administrators), once established, will be using your opinions to make a final determination. Please feel free to add any comments supporting your selection. There is a 30 day time limit to this poll, so please take the time to familiarize yourself with the issues related in the Articles, and reply.

Thank you!

NOTE: This poll is at more than one site, so if you have completed it elsewhere it is appreciated if you refrain from completing it again. That said, if you have had a change of opinion, you can vote again. It would be nice if you comment that you have polled again!

2. RFcrabs

RFcrabs Guest

I have selected 30 days, with a case by case assessment after 60 days. I think this safely covers potential deaths from LARGE crabs, or crabs that do not molt within 60 days of purchase. It also bears in mind that the longer you own the crab, the more potential it is something we are not quite doing right as handlers!

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

I voted on my experience with the crabs that I got that passed away. Most passed away within 30 days. So I chose the 30 days. That gives them time to destress and molt in my tank. These were also micro's to smalls.

4. Lisa

Lisa Guest

I opted for the 60 days and case by case after option. In my experiences, this seems to be the best choice.

5. yeah, for the bigger crabs the 60 days is more realistic than 30, and even then they don't always molt right away, and pps can cause problems upto and through their first molt, be it 30, 60, 90, or even more days, although the 90 is pushing it a bit...since most won't wait that long in good conditions if (and they usually are) in need of a molt

6. RFcrabs

RFcrabs Guest

You have until MONDAY to vote about PPS!

7. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Whew, I nearly missed that. I finally got the opportunity to take a little while to read the two articles (which are very good Sue).