1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epicurean Hermit Food List

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by Kali_Ma, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

The food list has been updated with a new, startling addition: dairy.

There will be an article written in the future, but dairy has officially been debunked.

You can safely feed it once every 30 to 60 days. I would avoid anything but organic dairy, because of the hormones and antibiotics in the mass market stuff, but cheese, live culture yogurt and even whole milk to drink is not going to kill your crabs. It is not lethal, and they enjoy it for a change of pace.

Refer to food list:

http://www.epicurean-hermit.com/index.php

2. Matt

Matt Guest

Thank you! Thank you! You are a goddess! People need to lay rose petals at your feet, or rub them, or something.

3. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

Sigh. I would LOOOOOOVE a foot rub right now. Tease. :D

4. Matt

Matt Guest

I would give you a foot rub, but I have been told that I occasionally 'stop' rubbing the foot and just leave my hand there. I dont actually notice that I stop, it's really weird actually.

5. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

No, it's normal. Even a hand can get bored.

6. Matt

Matt Guest

Yeah, I can call it BHS, so whenever anyone tells me I stopped rubbing I will tell them I have to stop because I have BHS. :D

7. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

LMAO Why not? I just saw an ad for a new drug for RLS -- Restless Leg Syndrome. You know, where your leg jumps up and down without your doing it purposely?

I couldn't believe that one! I got a better cure, quit drinking coffee! :D

8. Matt

Matt Guest

Wow, talk about wasting time and money finding a solution to involuntary leg movement. Wow, guess we better put cancer on hold for that one ;)

You need to go get a footspa or whatever they're called, or a foot massager thing that has the two thingies that look like something else that I cant say here and they move in opposite circular directions.

9. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Some people in my family actually have RLS and it's more annoying than it seems. My grandfather had it and even though he was old, he just couldn't sit still. I even get it once in a while and I don't drink coffee....lol. It's this horrible feeling in your legs and you feel like you just HAVE to move them. it's kind of tingley and hard to describe. My Aunt has it too and she can't sit still very long. I only get it once every few months, and it's usually at night when I'm trying to go to sleep. Know how hard it is to go to sleep when you feel like kicking your legs non stop? lol

10. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

I didn't mean to mock, but the commercial made me laugh so hard. The only people I've ever known with it were on stimulants, either legal or illegal. So I guess you learn something new every day!

11. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Amie: i know what you mean, i get it too on occasion. it is the MOST annoying thing to me. i do drink coffee during the day, but not at night (yeah, i need to quit that AND smoking). sometimes in the evenings if i'm actually on the couch watching TV, my legs get that feeling. a tickly restless, they just HAVE to move feeling. it's awful and it's SO annoying. i've actually found though that if someone sits on my lap (it has to be the weight that does it) the muscles stop jumping so much and the tickly feeling sort of fades a bit. on those nights though the worst is when i go to bed; the only way i can sleep if they are like that is on my stomach, again, so that there is weight (my own in this case) on my legs. forget trying to sleep on my back, it won't happen. i call it Jimmy legs now, after Kramer on Seinfeld, lol.

that's interesting someone actually produced and marketed a drug for that. i would think that would be for someone that had that going on all the time instead of just once every couple of weeks or something. it would be interesting to find out how that works.

12. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

I asked my Aunt about that and she said one you take it, you need to KEEP taking it, so she's avoiding it for now.

13. MAD

MAD Guest

You know how you avoid that all together?

Run a minimum of 5 miles each week. (hey, it works for me...)

14. Hermies

Hermies Guest

You people are so funny. you talk about hermit crab food, and then you talk about foot rubs, then human things? LOL. As for me I feed my hermit crabs lettuce, carrots, hermit crab pellets, dry dog food, and hermit crab cakes. :happy1:

15. hermiesrokmysox

hermiesrokmysox (Large Crab)

what type of pellets? most store brands have EQ in them.
    also, is dry dog food really okay? i have never heard of that!
    -Jilli

16. vckums

vckums Moderator

I wouldn't suggest using any commercial food. From my understanding, they DONT have to liste very ingredient. The same thing goes for dog and cat food. Want healthy hermit crabs, then stay away from commercial foods. Epicurean Crab Food is all organic, use vegetables, meats,etc...

17. Lisa

Lisa Guest

Hey J_C,

As for the yogurt, are we talking plain? Or, are the fruit flavors okay? I have pineapple and strawberry and .... just wondering if the flavored ones are okay.

18. RFcrabs

RFcrabs Guest

I think they would be okay Lisa if the fruit doesn't have added coloring in it. I noticed because my little guy can't have red or yellow dyes. Some of the store brands do have them. Danong, all natural organic seems to be free of some of the "glutimates" and other additives contained in the fruit. So try something like that. Kerie can have my head later if I am wrong ;)

19. Lisa

Lisa Guest

Thanks Sue. That's pretty much what I expected, just wanted a little back-up before I gave it a go.