1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

environmental discussion

Discussion in 'Discussions, Theories and Trial Ideas' started by Donny (TMNT), Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Hermies stop!!! I might puke

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

:biglaugh: Okay... Okay!... Sorry! My wild side sometimes takes over, and overcomes my entire body! :chuckle:

3. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

I'm not disturbed by it. ALL water is filtered natually.
    When it rains, clean water comes down, no matter where it came from.
    (Dino pee, for instance.) So I'm not disturbed at all. However, the water becomes un-pure as soon as it hits the ground. So you could say that the purest water you're gonna drink would be if you caught it yourself.

4. ema

ema "Third Molt In Progress"

Even then there is dirt in the clouds. It's still gonna be kinda dirty. But I'm sure I've eaten/drank/licked worse things in my childhood than what's in rain.

And no I haven't seen that movie. Apparently I've been living under a rock as far as movies go ... It's on my to-do list. LOL!

5. Donny (TMNT)

How does dirt get in the clouds when they're way up high and only made out of water?

6. ema

ema "Third Molt In Progress"

They're not only made of water. Anything that floats up in the atmosphere is in them. There's even some bacteria that live in there.

7. Michele213

Michele213 "Never Molted"

8. Donny (TMNT)

I know you can get acid rain in some cases, but if water exists, it can be cleaned. So you can'treally run out of clean water, and if you do, then SOMEBODY isn't doing their job. (AKA, the water filtration companies.)

9. Michele213

Michele213 "Never Molted"

Define clean? http://projects.nytimes.com/toxic-waters/contaminants Find your "filtered" water. If you are not on city water, find the cities closest to your area. Water is not clean... It has to be made clean. Do you still argue that rainwater is the cleanest since you are now saying it's someones job to provide clean water?

10. Donny (TMNT)

No, I've already changed my mind about it being clean. All rain water is different. Like I said, we have acid rain from pollution, and some dirty rain.
    My point is, it can always be cleaned, so we really have no way of running out.

11. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

even city water isn't truly clean, it has chemiclas to kill bacteria & even then sometimes that fails, we get boil order notices because some bacteria has been found, or a water main break has occured. 3 months ago a person that lived by a field took a shower after his wife said she thought the water smelled funny like poop, he just blew it off.. she ended up drinking it and became violently ill & he did to but not as bad, they tested the water and found cow poo bacteria, the farmer had spread it on the field and it had went into their well water. I don't know what came of it after that, I know they had to get rural water. My son bought his first house 6 months ago & it had well water and by fields on all sides of his house, but he had an option to get town water, I told him this story, he got town water.

12. Donny (TMNT)

Interesting. I'm always informed when a sewage pipe breaks. That's when I don't drink or use the water for several hours. I use "arrowhead" water. Is that supposed to be bad?

13. BrassCityBeast

BrassCityBeast Hi, I'm New Here!

Well, for starters, pollution and global warming aren't going anywhere. and ill tell you why.
    Global warming has been around since the beginning of time, or so the history books say. its basically extremes in both temperatures. Al gore is full of it in my opinion, :full: because as another crabber said, nature causes more damage to the ozone layer than we do. not that we don't help, but tell the truck drivers and the like, who have to drive to eat, to turn their cars off or go electric. i've been in electric cars, not hybrids either, pure electrics. and they don't make a decent enough electric engine to pull a truck that big. do i think we need to use up all our non renewable resources? course not. but it isn't very well my choice. all the big wigs need money, and want to see progress and advancements in this world. phrases like "free Tibet" and "save the whales" means nothing to them, as long as they get to live in that big house, tell people what to do, and sleep on their money every night. and you'd better believe they're not going to go electric if they can help it. cause it can be Inconvenient for them.

and when it comes to pollution, i agree its a huge problem. if you've never seen the movie wall-e, it has some startling truth in the way all of these "advancements" i spoke about earlier are leading us. and i personally try not to litter as much as possible. if I'm having a soda or a smoke, i look for a trashcan. I'm not trying to be holier than thou, i just live in a part of Texas where you see cans and cigarette butts in piles on the road, and id rather not have to know I'm helping with that. but i also live in a part of Texas where the 70% of the lot of them could really care less if it doesn't affect them now or in the near future. and you really cant convince these people to change their minds. it doesn't work that way. and that's why you'll never convince more than all of that 70% to care about water polluting, as long as they can still ride their fancy boats, or cutting down trees without replanting them, cause hey, that's more room to build Wal-marts and the like.

Oh, and yet again, mah bad for resurrecting an old-er thread.
    and also, if anything on this post is considered off color or objectionable or offensive in any way, it probably offends me too. and I'm probably glad it does, if you know what i mean.. but if its a problem, ill take it off. i don't want to cause any trouble. i rather like this site.

14. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

What ever turns you on. Its all fine here. Personally I agree with you.

15. Donny (TMNT)

Yes!

You are right on! Personally, I don't think al Gore knows what he's talking about. Apparently, the carbondioxide we produce is only 3.5 percent of the total. The rest is produced by the planet itself. All the plants we have on earth need Co2 to live and thrive. So, we are not in threat of global warming.
    But the trash should always be picked up, and the cigar butts thrown away, or even better, not smoking at all. I've never seen the movie,
    "The Inconvenient Truth", but am I correct in saying that the whole movie is just films of icebergs crumbling and polar bears drowning?

16. alliswell777

alliswell777 (Small Crab)

ema, i like the "never sniffed a stink bug" part of your poem :yes2: is there more to it??

17. scoobdoo

ice bergs and polar bears I saw something about that, I about bawled! I don't like to see any animal in distress like that. Our water has been tasting really funky as of late, but keep checking the paper for anything about contaminates that the water dept. is supposed to be posting if they find things & I haven't found anything, but I don't know if it's really the water or if just me.. the meds throw my taste buds off, been a month so I'm thinking it's the meds.

18. Donny (TMNT)

I heard a commercial about a water company on the radio. They say they can fix your water supply so there's nothing but pure, drinking water.
    Personally, I just avoid drinking from the tap in the first place. Try bottled water, or the double-filtered stuff that come out of some facets. But the water that you use to wash the dishes? No-way hose`! That stuff is foul!

19. scoobdoo

I have a friend that spends tons of money on bottled water cause she says the water where she lives is bad and they live by a farm that has cows, fields that get sprayed ect.. & they have well water, then one day I asked her do you make koolaide, tea, and other stuff and drink it? She said yes of course, I asked her do you use bottled or jug water when you mix it or you use water that come from the tap? She said yes, she used tap. I just shook my head and told her you ever stop and think how much money you are throwing out the window because you don't stop and think about these things? It's like having a big wound and just keep poking at it and it won't heal. They have tummy issues blame it on the water, buy plain bottled water to drink but yet make all other stuff with it and drink it
    remember drinking water from the hose out side on a hot summer day? you would wash the dog, the car, have water fights with it, stick it in the ground to drown the ants and then suck on it??! ah the good old days!

20. cocothecrab

cocothecrab (Small Crab)

well I have no problem with tap but my dad had a serious problem... it really hurt his stomach and he went to the doctor and everything and they didn't know what it was so my dad started buying evian and now he has no more pains. also were I live their are tap water drains that empty out in this hill and it makes a little stream... well there are huge white traces of the tap water running through the stream so idk if that's really safe.... but unlike scoobdoo story we don't use tap for anything even for cooking...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.