1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

email problems

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by crabbbychris, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crabbbychris

crabbbychris (Micro Crab)

I know when I was here before... the site had email problems.
    I had a question about it, and someone eventually told me it had something to do with server problems. Make out like there was nothing could be done about it.

I am curious if anyone has ever come up with a solution to this problem..??
    Reason I raise this question is because when I tried to come back to the site I either couldn't remember my password or ID...
    I clicked the link to it to send me my ID/Password to my email address (which was correct)...
    BUT since the server/site has issues with emails... of course I never got the email. I tried it three separate times.

For this reason alone I would hope someone could look into solving this issue. No telling how many people have this same problem, and have to rejoin with a brand new name all over again...
    Just pointing out something maybe someone never considered.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

I understand your frustration, but the problem is not really on the server side, but the emails are being blocked by some ISP providers. They are filtering out the emails so they never make it to the member since they feel the emails are computer generated. I have been working on the problem, but it involves emailing each ISP and trying to deal with their support department.

If you have dealt with your ISP's support before, you know that it is kind of a pain. Now imagine that you are not even a customer trying to get them to deal with you. That is the kind of problems I have run into. I will have a look at your email and try to contact them. Hopefully we can get it worked out soon.

Sincerely,
    Jason

3. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Jason, I've been on other sites that have had horrific problems when they change whatever it is they change over to - to the the extent that I no longer go on some of these sites.
    So far, for me, it's been smooth sailing here. Thanks for all you've done!

4. crabbbychris

crabbbychris (Micro Crab)

Jason.. Thanks for the reply
    I have email threw AT&T.. one of the largest players in the industry...
    If it is the ISP,.. then I would have to assume many folks here fall into my category.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator

While it tends to be the larger ISP's I have had problems with, I do not rember having to deal with AT&T. Mostly CS, and another I can not seem to remember at the moment. The weirdest ISP that was blocking us was a Russian ISP. The language barrier made dealing with them kind of interesting. Thanks for sending them an email. It means more to them when a person who is actually paying them sends them an email. :) When you hear back, if you could please let me know their response.

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.