1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eco Earth

Discussion in 'Discussions, Theories and Trial Ideas' started by vckums, Feb 22, 2008.

1. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

emmac350, you are right again! My substrate is about 8mo. old and am dieing to deep clean. But my crabbies are taking turns molting. I have been doing surface cleaning to clean the poop and old food drug around the tat and have even found a couple of half eaten claws and legs over the past few months. 8 crabs twice molting leaves alot of uneatten parts around.

2. wadester

wadester "First Molt In Progress"

Sorry for your losses. I use the EE on part of my small tank and half sand ( Purchased from Florida and premixed with saltwater). They have been loving it. I also use the tropicaire humidifier( 1 for each tank ). If you dont think you are getting enough humidity, maybe upsize your air pump. I had to an my bigger tank and it fixed my issue there. It is a 29g tank and i have a 60g pump on it. If it starts to be to much they sell small little adapters that will allow you to adjust the air flow. They work very well and can be gotten from any aquarium shop for a couple dollars.I am no pro but I hope this helps ya!