1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eating w/no claws

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by jtswife, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtswife

jtswife "First Molt, A Success"

One of my crabs is up:) The problem he had lost both his claws. How is he gonna eat?:eek:

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

They can eat with their feeder hands but make sure you mush everything--add honey and oils to help soften--I usually hand feed until I see they are doing ok on their own :)

3. jtswife

I'm gonna put some organic peanutbutter I bought the other day:) See how that goes. Man, that peanutbutter is really oily. Do I stir it up?

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

Yes you have to stir it. Because the only ingredient is peanuts, the oils can seperate.

5. jtswife

I think for fruits and veggies, I'll put baby food in the tank too. 1st foods, :) of course. Off the subject, I gotta tell you though, my Straw is in all the food bowls. He is sooo cool. My daughter swears she sees the Straw eating the play sand and FB, is that normal?

6. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

My straws eat the eco-earth bedding. I believe they do that for the salt. They come from places very close to the sea, so there is salt involved in everything they eat and do. They are probably only provided with non-salt water when it rains. It's probably a matter of adaptation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.