1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dust mites

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by crabalicious, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crabalicious

crabalicious "Preparing For First Molt"

I would like to settle a discrepancy. Some people think that crabs can pick up dust mites from the carpet. That scientifically makes no sense to me since they live off of skin flakes, etc. To the best of my knowledge, the mites that hermies get are a totally different species (or 2). Does anyone have a real answer to this that isn't crab urban legend or speculation?

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hi, and Welcome.:)
    If you click on Forum then click on General questions about care then click the sticky Pics of Book lice and Mites for Identification, you'll find great info there and it should answer your question. :)

3. crabalicious

crabalicious "Preparing For First Molt"

I did read that thread already and saw no mention about these types of mites. A thread search didn't reveal the answer either. Thanks though!

4. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Yeah, I've always wondered if they can get dust mites. I put my hermit crabs on my carpet alot there dont seem to be any problems..

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

If you were worried you could put them on special dust mite pillows. I have several friends allergic and they have those. Also, is my font REALLY big because I'm looking at it now and it'l=s like 90.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.