1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drama

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by jengstro, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jengstro

jengstro (Micro Crab)

:) I have been coming to this site almost daily for a few months now, and very much enjoy the treasure-trove of information, it have been a very useful source for me and my crabs.
    :( But I have noticed lately that there are some members who maybe don't care for each other for whatever reason and it seems to be getting a bit "catty" around here. I don't know about anyone else but I don't really have the time nor do I care to waste it on reading posts where bickering back and forth is going on.
    So, how about you all call a truce before it escalates and this site becomes a war zone (I've seen it happen on other sites.)

:) If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Sorry, I just thought I'd throw in my two cents, and please don't start on me, I can't stand drama.:rolleyes: Peace, love and happiness!

2. ZanZan

ZanZan (Micro Crab)

Drama is always start with jealousy or hatre, sorry im new, forgot to say hi in newbie section XD but this is the first thing I read after I register im like o_O uh oh.

3. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

You know what JENGSTRO, I am so glad that someone has finally spoken out. I feel the same way! I am new at crabbing and have really enjoyed this site over the last few months for all the information and experience people have available. Some of you have had crabs a long time but it has gotten to the point where I am questioning every word I write as I don't want to offend someone, and that's not right. No one should have to apologise for a question they have asked, or maybe their experience was different than someone elses. Some of us don't know exactly what we're doing yet and shouldn't be afraid to ask anything. We all started in the same boat at some point in time and we are all here for the same reason ... to figure out what's best for our little ones.

Thank you for speaking out.

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

Appologies if it was me. But you are all right!

Peace, love and crabs!

5. reader101

reader101 Banned

Or me. I couldn't agree more, and thus my efforts to try and help, support, and head-off postings that should have been dealt with personally, not posted in a public forum. You know what? No one has pmed me as yet with a copy to webmaster, as requested if they had a complaint!
    I try to share my experiences and instigate intelligent conversations with genuine people. If that doesn't work for you, then say so to me. You have everyone asking "is it me?"

6. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

I don't think that this thread was to single anyone out but more to say hey, let's all get along here! People have to understand that emails can be easily misconstrued (and understood differently by every reader) as obvioulsy there is no voice or emotion involved. I have found posts where I think people are joking around, only to read the catty answers they get in return. I personally haven't read any posts that should have been dealt with in person and not in a public forum. If we start doing that, everyone misses out on something that might be just as relevant to them and then what is the use of having a "forum" to come to?

7. jengstro

jengstro (Micro Crab)

I am not pointing fingers at anyone, which is why I didn't pm, and it wasnt anyone person in particular I was stating that I was noticing some catty remarks and I don't think that is the point of this site (go to a chat room if that is what you want). I also feel that I have to watch what I say, it's ridiculous.

8. reader101

reader101 Banned

:(
    OK, I got the message loud and clear from your pm, accusing me of being childish, etc.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  9. reader101

reader101 Banned

Furthermore, if this is the first thing a newcomer reads, there should be a lock on it immediately. This is not condusive to the site.
    I will start a new thread, with the hopes that no newcomers read a disfunctional thread, then it's up to you.

10. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

Hi, and I'm sorry for the part I may have played in it. It's hard to predict when you make a comment that somebody's buttons might be pushed. Sometimes the harder you try to correct that mistake, the more rigid the somebody becomes. Please let me know if I offend anybody because I love this site and all of you wonderful crabby people who make it so enjoyable to visit. God Bless.

11. Jason

Jason Moderator

Hopefully the problems have been resolved, and on that note, I am closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.