1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog/cat smells

Discussion in 'Caribbean Vacation - COL (Chirping Out Loud).' started by Selkhet, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selkhet

Selkhet Hi, I'm New Here!

[​IMG] I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, and I don't know who did it, but somebody peed on my carpet! I've tried everything to get the smell out: vaccuum, air freshner, baking soda, SHAMPOO! And I still smell it. It had to be that male cat...What makes it worse is that once they go in a certain spot, I know they'll try to go there again!

Has anyone tried something that works?

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

That smell is nearly impossible to get out. I had no luck when one (or maybe more) of my 3 cats were peeing on my clothes, shoes, carpet, etc. It all started when I got pregnant. I think my boys (cats) were a bit jealous of the pending arrival. Since I wasn't able to find out which one it was, I ended up finding a friend who took all 3 of them. I wish I had better information for you, but the only thing we could do was replace the carpet. I even tried bleaching the floor underneath, but I could still smell it faintly after the new carpet was in-maybe it was just me "thinking" I could smell it LOL.

I wish you luck and hope someone has a better suggestion.

3. tb1234

tb1234 (Micro Crab)

Yes, sometimes it does get 'stuck in your nose'. What a pain!

Have you tried vinegar? Or any of the carpet deodorizers for pet messes? Sometimes veternary offices have sprays especially for it.

4. Hermies_Rule

Hermies_Rule "Never Molted"

i have a spray from petsmart that is for that and also throw up ( sorry if im getting too gross) it might work for the smell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.