1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you make your bed(s)?

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by vckums, Jan 26, 2007.

?

Do you make your bed(s)?

1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ocassionally

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vckums

vckums Moderator

Was talking to a fellow crabber and we both had to run to do a few chores. I did laundry, she made the beds at her house. Got me thinking, I never to the beds here LOL My Mom always tried to get me to make mine as a teenager but it always bothered me. I was gonna be in bed later on, why make it if Im going to undo it later?

2. queenofthecrabs

queenofthecrabs (Small Crab)

HEHEHE..That was me!! Yes I do..usually when I wake up in the morning!!! I am a freak about that!!! lol The kids are suppose to before school..one of their chores..but they usually forget!

3. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

I never make my bed unless there's company coming over! I grew up with an OCD mom who made me get one toy out at a time and liked the 'unlived in' look in the archetechture magazines. I used to get punished if I left my closet door open or any of my dresser drawers not closed all the way when I left for school! :po: Even if the rest of my room was as neat as a pin! All my clothes in my closet had to be spaced 1" apart and organized by type too. :thumbdown: To leave the bed unmade would have been unthinkable! I was not a happy-go-lucky kid at all!

So now I keep my house the way I want. Which means the bed isn't made unless I want it to be. :shuffle:

4. kathleen

kathleen Guest

Nope. It looks more comfortable messy, like someone has been keeping it warm for me.

5. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

YES The bed has to be made!!!!! I like to get back in a tidy bed. I like to nap ontop of a made bed with a blankie--THE BED MUST BE MADE!

6. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

Heck NO! What's the point... I'm just gonna mess it up again!

Hubby occasionally makes it look presentable... but me... No way!

7. starmaiden

Okaaaay....When you come to my house, I'll be sure to close the door to my room so you won't be bothered by the sight of my unmade bed!!! :inc:
    :pinkhat:

8. starmaiden

My sentiments exactly Joey! :think: Especially since I sleep 12-14 hours a day due to chronic fatigue!

9. vckums

vckums Moderator

Ive tried making the bed, but when the kid were really little they'd just mess it up as I was trying to make it. I gave up..Plus Id take naps when they'd fall asleep and I would get in it.

Hermz, you weirdo :pointandlaugh: I also don't use flat sheets on my bed, only fitted.

10. starmaiden

I only use the flat sheets in the summertime. In the wintertime, I use a down comforter and the flat sheet just gets tangled up and in the way. In the summertime however, I use a sheet bc its too hot for the comforter. And for some strange reason, I can't go to sleep unless I have something covering me, even if its just a sheet. :think:

11. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

OMG that is horrible you sheet hater you! :troll:

12. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

when i get up for work steph is still in the bed so i dont make it but i do pull up the covers and blanket on my side. i like having the bed made 'cause i don't like the animals dragging gritties into the bed during the day. i personally only make it sometimes though.

13. starmaiden

Hey! I like sheets...In the summer and on sailboats... :pffftt:

14. starmaiden

One of the many reasons why I don't like/use playsand! :thumbdown: Never mind the animals, I was dragging gritties into the bed! :scream:

15. Crabcrazy2

Crabcrazy2 (Small Crab)

LOL OK...this is just too funny! It looks like the "No" and the "occasionally" make up the biggest group. So I guess that means we all run and make it look nice if a guest is coming. And here....I thought it was only me. Man, I feel sooooo much better now!

16. kbgrace

kbgrace (Micro Crab)

We make the bed only for "heavy-duty" company. And no flat sheets for anyone in my house - flannel sheets or sheet blankets in the winter and regular fitted sheets in the summer. All my kids insist on sleeping with warm fuzzy blankets all year round - even with no AC in the summer.

17. That's pretty much why I don't make ours either. Between Dana and the dog...there's never any hope. But before she and the dog were around, I always made the bed before I left for work.

18. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Haha, I feel so much better now too! Although I do use the top sheet under my comforter. It just feels cozier. Occasionally, I just quickly throw the covers over so the dog doesn't drag nasties all over my bed.

19. starmaiden

The dog isn't allowed on my bed, so no worries there...***

***Disclaimer from my smartypants dog: "Only when she's looking...Woof!" :dogkiss:

20. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

ANN I CANT READ THAT! what does it say

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.