1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do-ya Wanna Do It??

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by Mckenny, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:biglaugh: Thought that might get everyone's attention!

Ok peeps...there hasn't been too much interest in the Photo Contests, soooo, do you want to keep on having them every month or having them every other month, or something else.

I really would like a lot of honest feedback on this.
    Let me know in the next few days please. :flower: :huggies:

2. marleyfish

marleyfish "First Molt In Progress"

I really want to continue doing them each month. but that's just the opinion of one.

3. Mckenny

Thanks for replying. :flower:

4. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

I'd like monthly too but the site seems to be going through a kinda...dead period. I enjoy seeing other peoples crabs and tanks XD gives me ideas for my own tank.

5. marleyfish

i feel the same way, doing pic contests with the big time crabbers gives me alot of awsome ideas for things i want to do in the near and far future.

6. Klabelle

Exactly :chuckle: I'll actually be implementing a view ideas soon that I got from other tanks. Some people have some pretty nice tank layouts. I always enjoy participating in the contests so ican show off my small changes xD I'm a poor college student so those with nice looking tanks give me more ideas I can do on a low budget.

7. Mckenny

:kissflowers: Thanks for taking the time to reply everyone! :wub:

If you have any suggestions for themes please post them on here as well. We want to make this a fun way to share and be a part of the "Addiction" family and even win a prize for our Hermies. :rockz:

8. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I like doing them to, but I know that there were some in the past that didn't have cameras so they couldn't enter pics. We need to have more than just 3 or 4 people entering I know there are more crabbers out there! Is there a way to get ahold of them and say, Hey what's up? You doing o.k.? Us crabbers were wandering, we miss you!
    I like looking at other tanks to, some people have really cool things that I like to know where did they get it cause some day I may want to stick it in my tank. I'm always re doing my tank.

9. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

I'd like to see the contest stay! I enjoy seeing the pics very much and I enjoy voting. I forget to enter though :biglaugh:

10. marleyfish

I have a suggestion, how about a crabby beauty pic contest. get out the cameras and pick your crab with the nicest shells or two crabs idk and show them off.

11. Klabelle

We could do holiday themed xD
    Like this month Halloween (my favorite :rubhands: )
    Next month something to do with Thanksgiving
    Then December could be the winter holiday related
    :woohoo:

12. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

we have done themes, 4th of July, October fall (ish} Don't remember if we included that you could make it scary or not. We did one with Christmas, we skipped some months cause people get busy. It just has to be something that everyone has access to, Some crabs are picky and won't go into fancy shells, I have one that is a jade shell, the other 2 are in plain Jane turbo shells.. they won't switch into anything else and I have some really nice banded turbo's to! picky crabs! :bat:

13. Klabelle

I have a crab that will change into whatever I put in front of him lol

14. marleyfish

im sure if we all put our heads together we can think of some great new ideas. How about a beach theme or jungle theme? maybe at the end of each month we could all throw in ideas and have a poll to pick which one everyone wants to use that month.

15. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I like the monthly contests. I do think the site goes through a dead period. I used to be on all the time and now it seems like nobody needs advice anymore or has a problem (which is a good thing).
    I think the contest would be better if we couldnt vote for ourselves.

16. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

A couple years ago we had two votes. Those that entered could vote for themselves and vote for one other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.