1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do crabs pinch?

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Trista, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trista

Trista Hi, I'm New Here!

why is it that one of my crabs pinch and the other one doesnt? is one nicer or is it not grown enough to pinch? will the crabs always pinch?

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Some crabs are just grumpy, kind of like how people are. Hopefully over time he will learn that you aren't something to be feared and won't pinch, but it may never happen. You just need to learn to respect him and give him no reason to pinch (don't make him feel like he's in danger of falling especially).

3. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Yes, all hermit crabs with claws intact are able to pinch. If you just got the hermit crab, and you put it on your hand, it;s a bigger chance of him/her pinching. Also, try not to make them feel like they're going to fall, that causes them to pinch too. I've been pinched twice in 5.5 months.

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I almost never handle my crabs but believe it or not a couple months ago I was stupid enough to woder what it felt like to be pinched so I put my most grumpy crab in my hand and wiggle my finger and I felt a very soft pinch and then he let go but Just handle him carefully and you should be OK.:)

5. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Some hermies prefer to pinch more than others. . . But all can pinch: young or old. . . And some hermies are just plain grumpy and like to pinch!!! It hurts, doesn't it???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.