1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? DIY on the crab room

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Klabelle, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

I was wondering who posted the water dish with the kritter keepers. I was curious as to what was used on the sides of them and how you get them to stay down? Also is there a way to dye them? I've been working on a garden theme for my tank and would like it to match their bowls and hide-outs.

2. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

I posted the pics of them, havent tried to change the color of the plastic, i use the plastic mesh glued down with aquarium sealant. What do you mean by staying down? If you bury them like i do then you wont have to worry about dyeing them but you can get the plastic mesh in green. If you cant let me know and i can get some for you. I was planning on getting a few different colors of the mesh and putting it up in the store.

3. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

My dishes have little marbles in them at this time but I wanted to put them in the bowls. My bowls are orange and green so I thought white would look funny. I was just looking for a cheap alternative so they can fully bathe. I can tell that I probably will have to get the kritter keepers or something about that deep because my crabs are getting so big that the little bowls in the addiction store is just high enough.

I meant stay down in the water but I guess that's what the sealant is for. Thank you for answering my question though :D Is the plastic something you can get in the crafts section of walmart?

4. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

I think walmart only sells white, check out ur local craft store but it you cant find any let me know my local craft store has many many colors to choose from.

5. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I got mine at hobby lobby.