1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diet

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by Livv, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livv

Livv Hi, I'm New Here!

Did I do wrong by not giving all organic fruits and veggies? I have a mix at home. Some organic coconut and carrots, but regular apples and cucumber. Will that harm?

2. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

No, it won't harm them at all. Make sure everything is washed well (declorinated water). Apple and cucumber is great for them!

3. Livv

Livv Hi, I'm New Here!

Thanks for the info.
    Do you know what it means when mr. crabs makes like a scraping sound or scratching sound (I don't know how to describe it) when you talk to him? Happy or ticked? I have no idea, but he usually moves or makes that sound when you talk to him. Then he ate a thin slice of carrot.

4. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Is it like a croaking noise? Mine did that and I found out he wasn't a happy camper! He doesn't do it anymore .. this happened when I first got him. Sometimes when they want to be left alone or are startled or when you pick them up, they tell you off!

5. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

Do you make sure your crabbies get a good dose of protein every day? I feed mine some type of seafood every day. They also need a source of cellulose, such as oak leaves or bark, corn cob, or popcorn.

6. Livv

Livv Hi, I'm New Here!

He gets a mixture of crab cakes and variety bites, which have fish meal and oil and a large variety of ingredients, along with his fresh fruits and veggies.

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

You should toss out the crab cakes and variety bites, anything commercially prepared for them from stores can contain harmful ingredients.

8. Livv

Livv Hi, I'm New Here!

Thanks for the tip. What would be a good fix for this -- like one basic kind of mix type food to order that I can supplement with fresh fruits and veggies?

9. vckums

vckums Moderator

Epicurean Hermit Crab Cuisine is great to have in there 24/7 and supplement it with fresh fruits, meats and veggies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.