1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Switchblade_Brigade, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Switchblade_Brigade

Switchblade_Brigade "First Molt, A Success"

Hi guys, it's been a while. I need a little emotional help from all of you right now, because I know you guys are some of the only people I can talk about something like this to. Occassionally, I have a day that for some reason all I can think of was my beloved pets that died. I miss them all, but especially my kitty Wally who passed away over the summer. I found him down at my nanna's house on the wood pile sick, barely breathing, looking like he was at the verge of death. I couldn't just leave him there, so I took him up to my place to raise him back to health. It worked. He was as energetic and goofy as you'd think a kitten should be. I'd even feed him with a little bottle. However, after a few weeks of having him, he suddenly without warning fell Ill. When I saw him in the morning I was shocked, because he looked exactly the same as that day on the wood pile. I immediately got my mom to take him to the vet. She came home and said that they were going to keep an eye on him and see if he would get any better. He never did. We got the call and they asked if we would like to pick him up so we could burry him. They said there was nothing we could do, because it was probably some type of virus or something that travelled across the placenta while still in the womb. I remember every shovelfull of dirt it took burying his grave. I was devastated. I will never forget him, but this can't be healthy the way I get so worked up over this on some days to the point of tears. Please don't think I'm a wuss for this, but I just need some emotional support right now.

2. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

I understand how you feel =[ It's not a bad thing, to an extent. I think it is better to remember and miss pets of the past than never shed a tear and forget. Death and sadness is a difficult thing to grasp and get out of the way, and it will always return, sometimes unexpectedly. But for it to return, it has to leave first, right?

3. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Well I am an adult..I'm 35 I had a dog, he was a sheltie right after college when I had my first place and out in the real world, I got him as a 6 week old pup. I LOVED that dog like he was a child. I had him for 5 years and then left him in the care of a family member for a week while I moved to a new place. Well one of her kids left the door open and he ran to my old house but there was a very busy road and he got hit by a school bus and died. I was devastated! And to this day anytime I see a dog that looks like him I tear up a little bit.
    There is nothing to be ashamed of! You should feel lucky! Some people never feel that type of love and compasion in their entire life and here you are at such a young age. I would actually think there was something wrong with you if you DID'T get emotional. You formed a special bond by nursing the cat back to health. That is something pretty special! And if it was only over the summer than you are STILL at a very acceptable grieving period. So don't feel like you are crazy or that there is something wrong. Crying and being sad are very healthy emotions for what you had to deal with. Hang in there, it will get better, try to think of the good time you gave the cat for the short period of time that you had her ;) I bet she thanks you alot!

4. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I'm so sorry about your cat:{ :[ I have lost a hermie and I kept saying it was my fault, now every time I think of her I feal all teary

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I always think that too. I'm a bit against cats, as one broke my favorite squirrel's back. We brang him to the vet where they had to put him to sleep:( but I'm sorry about your cat. I lost my turtle and I was devastated to. He fell in the swimming pool for after escaping my 1 1/2 foot cinder block fence. He was only like 6" and I never knew how he managed. Poor guy, I'm sorry about your cat.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.