1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deep clean pics

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by Chuck_Norris, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

*EDIT* - Please keep in mind that my camera's still broken and so it won't focus on anything... so that's why the pics are all blurry.

I did a deep clean today due to my two recent losses, and I thought I'd share a few pics of how it turned out:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chuck_Norris

3. hermie 5

hermie 5 "Preparing For First Molt"

very nice, how big is your tank?

4. Chuck_Norris

It's only a 40 gallon.

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

Very nice! I like putting the fishing nets against the glass walls of the tank.

6. Chuck_Norris

Thanks!

The little wire caddy has fallen down about 50 times since I've put it up. I'm going to wait for my boyfriend to wake up and tell him he HAS to fix it or I will freak out. :) If he absolutely cannot, I will have to go back to the stupid plastic shower caddy.

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

Got some zip ties or extra string for now? You could use those to hang the basket then run the string/ties under the lid to the outside of the tank and secure it that way.

Target sells some locking suction cups in the bathroom section. I've had jumbo strans hang off those and they didn't fall LOL

8. momofboyz

momofboyz (Micro Crab)

I love your tank. I just started with hermit crabs, and I only have a ten gallon tank. I'm having serious tank envy. You can do so many things with your tank that I can't.

9. Chuck_Norris

We're going to go tonite to look for the ones you're talking about. :) I'm a bit worried because I've had zero luck with suction cups in the past, but I trust ya' and I'll give them a try. :) I'll make another post when we get back and tell y'all if he had any success.

Nah, you just have to be wise with your space is all. That's the part that I have problems with... I always have plans to add all of this stuff in there, and I can never put all my stuff in the tank at once. I have a steralite bin full of stuff that I'd love to use, but I just don't have the room. If I could upgrade, I could, but my boyfriend would never let me...

Anyway, what I'm saying is that the possibilities are endless as long as you have a good imagination, regardless of your tank size. :)

We're off to Target, be back soon! :D

10. Chuck_Norris

My BF put the suction cups in the tank... he put them unevenly so I only have two that are actually in use (the others are kind of just in there, lol), but the point is that they work great! I didn't even know suction cups like that existed. When he took them out of the package, he was like, "Look!" I was like, "I know. They're suction cups." And he was like, "No, look!" So he stuck one to our wall and pulled, and it was seriously not going anywhere. I was like, "Whoa... they really work!" I'm really excited to find suction cups that for sure won't work. I didn't even know that they made locking suction cups! Anyway, I just wanna thank you bunches because I'm definitely going to go back and get some more of those because I know I'll probably need them in the future!

11. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

I really like the way you have your hermit crab set-up

12. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

I enjoyed the pics of your tank. I like the net across the back wall. I've been on the look out for some fishing net...where did you find yours?
    To the newcomer....there are tons of things you cna do with a ten gallon. I think a second story shelf makes a world of difference. Maybe your other half will let you upgrade to a 20 gallon. Twice the space, but still a common size. Most of my fish tanks have been 20 gallons.

13. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Looks great Chuck!! Nice work :)

14. Chuck_Norris

I actually found it at Walmart in the craft section. As for the hammock and the ladder, I got that at Vicki's store.

15. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Thanks, I found some net at the sea shell shop today...they wanted $7.99 for a pack of fish net or $2.99 for a 3'x5' hemp type net....I bougt the latter. I have it strung up on each side and around the back of the tat.
    I'll post pics as soon as I get the 29 gallon the way I like it.:p Right now Zeus is the only one in there since he was in ISO and desperately needed to go into something bigger. I'm going to add Spooky, Violet, Fester, and Hercules if he's not dead. My smalls and tiny will stay in the 10 gallon.

16. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

Hey! Tank looks awesome!!

17. Chuck_Norris

Thanks. :) I'm happy with it, but I would still LOVE to upgrade. I have this obsession with needing more room. ;)

18. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

Me too! I'm in search of a 55g or larger tank, but no luck yet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.