1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deep clean of the 100G

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by HERMEZ, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

2. cococrisp

Maybe my dog is not so easy to take care of because she just threw up on the rug...:eek::(:mad: *sigh*

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I love turtles- I always had them as pets when young.....ya know they are banned now the kind I had- I lived LOLOL

4. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

i thinkk it is horriblle to ban one breed of something like the pit bull ban in ohio! i wrot e to the ohio house about it and got some feedback.

5. cococrisp

What did you get back?

6. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

i got good responses. like they are trying to pass another law to take pit bulls off the definition of vicious dog in ohio

7. Rosepetalbed

Rosepetalbed Hi, I'm New Here!

Must get bigger tank lol :p Looks awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!

8. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Great tank, Hermez! You said you've collected those climbing things and stuff from years of keeping hermit crabs, how long have you been keeping hermit crabs anyway? Just curious.:eek:

9. Chase

Chase "First Molt In Progress"

Wow!

I didn't know a Crabitat that perfect existed!

Great job, I bet that took a while!

:);)

10. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Rose good to see you here---

Onion I have been keeping crabs 4 years

Chase- Thanks the emptying of tank is the hardest and longest part- I HATE that part :)

11. cococrisp

I don't know what I'm going to do hauling sand out of my new tank next year. I have a question about the sand. So I bought this playsand and stuck it in my tank and started misting it (it was bone dry) and then I stuck the decorations etc in. But the sand is still completly dry so I dumped a whole bucket of water on adn it's still dry. After I finally got it all moist it dryed up by the next week. I can be mixing up the sand with molters so is there any way I could prevent this?
    Thanks

12. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

your sand should be the right moisture to start with so you wont be digging up molters- keeping it moist is easy with regular misting or lightly dumping water where you know no crabs are-

13. cococrisp

Thanks. I've put all the crabas in the 75 gallon tank. I have decided with molters and all it would be too stressful to take my crabs one the 2 mnth trip cross country I will be taking. I have a freidn interested in takign care of them and have contacted several people on hermit crab association. I really want to take them but it's too much. If you know anyone in seattle, please let me know. I'm goign to really miss them. When I come back they will go back in their main 120 gallon tank and I'll remix the sand etc.
    Thanks.

14. Jessafall

Jessafall "Preparing For First Molt"

Even though i have a golden retriever, i think it's wrong for people to think of pit bull and think mean and agressive. when i lived in NC i lived with a couple who had a pit bull and her name was Sassy. she was the biggest baby. haha unfortunilty i went to let her in the house so i could go to work and found her dead. we think someone hit her and never reported it. it's weird though i never heard any unusuall noise outside, i'm still baffled till this day

15. cococrisp

That's sad. :( Poor little dog. Did you live on a busy street? They should just stop training pitbuls to be mean. I think they train them to be like that and the things I've heard they do to those dogs to make them mean are horrible. I don't know much about them though.

16. Jessafall

we lived in a small town in a culvert type area. i'm thinking it might have been out neighbor, him and his wife didn't like us or the dogs. at first we thought they poisoned Sassy but the toxicology came back clean so i guess we figured someone hit her with a car or something. oh well

17. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

My one dog is like 1/2 pit and she is a big baby but if you dont know her she will scare you - then she will whine.........:D

I have 3 small dogs and people say they are more afraid of little dogs- I dont get that :confused:

18. cococrisp

I do. The little ones are probably more yappy etc. I personally like the bigger ones better but my next dog (My lab is now 11) has to be small because we have to fly with her.

19. Jessafall

I personally don't like the little dogs, My family has always had big dogs. our first one was a german shepard mut. our 2nd one was a golden retriever mut, 3rd one was mainly Neufoundland but with a little mut. and our current dog is a 9 yr old Red-Coated Pure breed golden retriever. so i've always liked the big dogs.

20. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

never thought I would like big dogs they are more of everything but when I started doing shelter work I fell in love with them all so I like having one bigger dog-:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.