1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Debbie Noah, Hermit Crab Killer

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by cococrisp, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

That person on Expert Village, Debbie Noah makes me sick.:mad: She is so awful and gives all the wrong information.:mad: Go look at her Crab Killing Videos on www.Expert Village.com
    I don't want even more people falling for cheap hermit crab care.
    Anyway I decided to send them an email about it. I have not sent it yet because I wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions first. Here it is:

How can you let Debbie Noah be on your site? Do you see if they know what they are talking about before you let them put whatever videos they want on there? Debbie Noah has hermit care all wrong. She tells all the incorrect ways to keep crabs. She ignores all the vital care elements and continuously provides unhelpful tips. She keeps her crab in a tank way too small she baths them in the wrong water. Your not supposed to even bath your crabs anyway. Her hermit crabs are kept with gravel which prevents them from molting and is also a vital necessary care item. She is missing humidity which starves a crab of oxygen. For us it would be like living in the snow the way her heating is.How can you call her an expert. Look at the comments on all her videos. After seeing how misleading she is how am I expected to believe any of your videos? Because of her many hermit crab owners who have watched those videos and actually taken them seriously and treated their hermit crabs with that awful care have had their crabs die in 6 months. With the proper care hermit crabs can live past twenty years. Mine are four years old already. I nearly thought this to be a joke before I saw it was supposed to be educational. You simply have to delete all these videos. How can you call yourself an expert site and have the incorrect information? This needs to change.

2. flamelet

flamelet (Micro Crab)

I'm a reading/English teacher. I edited your letter below for usage and grammar:

How can you let Debbie Noah be on your site? Do you see if your experts know what they are talking about before you let them put whatever videos they want on there? Debbie Noah has hermit care all wrong. She tells all the incorrect ways to keep crabs. She ignores all the vital care elements and continuously provides unhelpful tips. She keeps her crab in a tank way too small; she baths them in the wrong water. Your not supposed to even bath your crabs anyway. Her hermit crabs are kept with gravel which prevents them from molting and is also a vital necessary care item. (This part confuses me. Are you saying gravel is vital or harmful?) She is missing humidity, which will starve a crab of oxygen. For us, it would be like living in the snow the way her heating is. How can you call her an expert? Look at the comments on all her videos. After seeing how misleading she is, how am I expected to believe any of your videos? Because of her novice advice, many hermit crab owners, who have watched those videos and actually taken them seriously and treated their hermit crabs with that awful care, have had their crabs die in 6 months. With the proper care hermit crabs can live past twenty years. Mine are four years old already. I nearly thought this to be a joke before I saw it was supposed to be educational. You simply have to delete all these videos. How can you call yourself an expert site and have the incorrect information? This needs to change.

3. cococrisp

Thanks for editing. Sorry I meant that having correct dirt is necessary care element or whatever I wrote. I changed it a little. I also would like some suggestions on whether I should send it or not or will they say I'm a complete idiot and make me shut up. They probably won't change their mind at all but I figure it's worth a try.
    Thanks.
    ps Great job on the Walmart crabinacup petition. Hope they change their care.

4. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Those people are horrible! I'm really glad your taking a stand. In your e-mail it says you aren't supposed to bath hermit crabs, but you are supposed to for newbies and hermies that have mites and stuff, so maybe you can clarify that. I hope they listen. I feel so bad for the poor hermit crabs.

5. flamelet

flamelet (Micro Crab)

I would definately send this email. Keep it professional and to the point as you have. If no one voices their dismay/disgust/disapproval (we're studying the prefix dis- in class lol) of this, then it will only be proliferated or at least carried on at the expense of many crabs' lives. :(

Good job!

~Flamelet~

6. cococrisp

How can you let Debbie Noah be on your site? Do you see if your experts know what they are talking about before you let them put whatever videos they want on there? Debbie Noah has hermit care all wrong. She tells all the incorrect ways to keep crabs. She ignores all the vital care elements and continuously provides unhelpful tips. She keeps her crab in a tank way too small; she baths them in the wrong water. Your only supposed to give your crabs a bath if they are new. That's only to get the mites of because someone else has been taking bad care of them.. Her hermit crabs are kept with gravel which prevents them from molting. She is missing humidity, which will starve a crab of oxygen. For us, it would be like living in the snow the way her heating is. How can you call her an expert? Look at the comments on all her videos. After seeing how misleading she is, how am I expected to believe any of your videos? Because of her novice advice, many hermit crab owners, who have watched those videos and actually taken them seriously and treated their hermit crabs with that awful care, have had their crabs die in 6 months. With the proper care hermit crabs can live past twenty years. Mine are four years old already. I nearly thought this to be a joke before I saw it was supposed to be educational. You simply have to delete all these videos. How can you call yourself an expert site and have the incorrect information? This needs to change.

How's that. I can't not send it now. I couldnt not send it the day I saw her video. Well actually I saw one a couple years ago before I knew anything about care. I try to keep it professional but I'm not so old really. I do greek and Latin words at school but we did dis like a couple weeks ago and now we are doing eu and sanus and other stuff that I forget... Maybe like I don't know.
    Anyway I'll send it in a week or so and anyone who has any comment please say so because I want to et it as edited and most convincing as possible before I send it. I may make one similar for Wal-mart crabinacup. Maybe I could start a petition say that anyone who signs it will stop using Expert Village and only put bad "this is aweful" coments on there even though that is really what's on there now.

7. flamelet

flamelet (Micro Crab)

Excellent! You sound very knowledgable and have an excellent arguement! I found two typos and corrected them in your letter below.

Way to go! Good luck on your crabinacup mission. Keep us posted! :cool:

~flamelet~

How can you let Debbie Noah be on your site? Do you see if your experts know what they are talking about before you let them put whatever videos they want on there? Debbie Noah has hermit care all wrong. She tells all the incorrect ways to keep crabs. She ignores all the vital care elements and continuously provides unhelpful tips. She keeps her crab in a tank way too small; she baths them in the wrong water. Your only supposed to give your crabs a bath if they are new. That's only to get the mites off because someone else has been taking bad care of them. Her hermit crabs are kept with gravel which prevents them from molting. She is missing humidity, which will starve a crab of oxygen. For us, it would be like living in the snow the way her heating is. How can you call her an expert? Look at the comments on all her videos. After seeing how misleading she is, how am I expected to believe any of your videos? Because of her novice advice, many hermit crab owners, who have watched those videos and actually taken them seriously and treated their hermit crabs with that awful care, have had their crabs die in 6 months. With the proper care hermit crabs can live past twenty years. Mine are four years old already. I nearly thought this to be a joke before I saw it was supposed to be educational. You simply have to delete all these videos. How can you call yourself an expert site and have the incorrect information? This needs to change.

8. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

I have expressed my disgust in regards to her videos. Everyone on HCRU knows she is a joke.

9. cococrisp

I know that everyone here knows but everyone here has the right crab care or is getting it. The problem in my mind is everyone else who are "learning" from her. Tha still needs to be changed but I'm glad the word it getting around here. I'm sure Vicki's site has been told too. The crabinacup is not really mine.

10. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

I have an idea maybe they will change it if we all send an email.
    i couldnt find her email could you give me it cococrisp
    and everyone else so we can tell excpert vilage how much we are disguted by her.

11. cococrisp

I'm not sending it to her. I'm sending it to "Welcome to Expert Village you will find many educational videos... Blah Blah Blah." It's "noreply@expertvillage.com" That's a good idea for all of us to send one. That would probably make a bigger impact. We should say something like I'll never believe any videos and tell all my friends etc. All of us could send a separate email saying one reason to stop her. We could get everyone on HCRU to contribute.

12. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

i found it yesterday and i sent an email and said

if you do not reply eithin a week i will tell every one through email how bad u are. and i theatend to get thier site shutdown. i gave them at least 10 reasons. come on EVERY ONE SEND AN EMAIL

13. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Could I have a link to Debbie Noah's videos? I'm curious to see how bad they are.

14. cococrisp

Tips on Choosing an Aquarium for Pet Hermit Crabs | Expert Village Videos here it is. This is just one also check out the bathing one. That's pretty awful too.:mad: I'll make a post later with all her videos saying "what not to do". I'm sending the letter on Sunday so please get in your comments soon.
    http://www.expertvillage.com/video/4397_hermit-crabs-food.htm and Oh good, tips on commercial food
    http://www.expertvillage.com/video/4261_hermit-crabs-habitat.htm
    http://www.expertvillage.com/video/4267_hermit-crabs-choosing.htm
    and more

15. GooseGal

GooseGal Hi, I'm New Here!

Oh my goodness, that woman is absolutely riduculous!! What ever made them consider her an expert?? Does nobody at this expert website do any research? I hope no poor new crabbers have listened to the advice on that site. She couldn't be more wrong! Like somebody posted on one of the videos, do the opposite of what she says and you'll be better off!

16. cococrisp

Yes that is why I'm sending the email. Sending the letter on sunday. Please post comments now or tomorrow before 6:00
    Thanks

17. cococrisp

Sending the letter at 6:00 today west coast time. Just a reminder;)

18. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

First, it doesn't do any good to be threatening when you want someone to change what they are doing. You will be dismissed as a crackpot when you come across in a threatening, angry manner, so sit down, think it through, and try to compose a letter as though you are trying to convince someone to change their mind, not try to threaten them into submission. I'm composing my own letter as we speak, and I too watched Debbie's videos when we were looking at getting our crabs, and I wish there had been info about humidity and temperature, as well as the water dishes. She's awful. She says salt water is OPTIONAL. Not completely necessary? WHAT?
    She's not completely wrong, but her information is so outdated!
    Here is my letter so far. I'm not content with it, but I know if I stop now I won't get back to it to edit it again, I'm a terrible procrastinator that way.

Whaddya think?

19. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

I didn't wait, I signed up on their website and put it in as a suggestion on how to improve their website. Hope it makes a difference.

If you want to email them, I don't think the noreply address will work, that's why it's called noreply.

This address will work: expert@www.expertvillage.com

20. cococrisp

I think that your letter is great. Do you think I am a little too threatening? Sorry I sort of have a little bit of a temper when it comes to animal cruelty. I have not sent my letter yet. Are you saying that I should not send my letter? OR I should make some changes. Please suggest any changes. The last version is on the 1st page by Flamelet. Please copy and paste that and make you edits or suggestions.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.