1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dang ants again drastic measures!

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by scoobdoo, Jun 5, 2011.

1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

got up this morning and theeeerrrrreeeee backkkkkkk! all over the food bowl again! Thought I had them taken care of! Well that is it, went to lowes got sand, came home took all the E.E. out, what a waste to it isn't but a month or two old, but it just to much to bake and it is just to hot and humid here to do. there was tons of little baby ants in the corner caddy, I really didn't see any in the E.E. but who can tell with the coloring of it, I had ants crawling on the crabs. I have a layer of petrolium jelly around the top of the tank, tons of ant traps around the bottom of tank to. i don't know what else to do... some states deal with scorpians, rattle snakes, ect.. illinois & our town has stupid little sweet ants!

2. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

If you really wanna keep them away, take aglass of iced tea and put it in a bowl or cup.
    Put the jellystuff around the bowl as well so they can't come n go.
    We had a reaaally bad ant problem last year.
    My sister left her glass of iced tea on the floor and there must have been about 300 ants or so at her cup.
    We also bought the liquid ant traps, that will seriously work. I can't remember what we got fr sure, but I think it was something along the lines of This and this.

Good luck with your ants!

3. scoobdoo

i guess I don't understand the tea thing

4. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

it draws them over more quickly than other things would I guess...but I would get liquid traps instead

5. scoobdoo

thinking of putting double sided tape around the top and bottom of my tank?

6. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Have you tried putting Vaseline on the legs of the stand?

7. scoobdoo

my stand is wood, I don't know if i want to to put sticky  vasaline on the wood, I have ant traps all over inside the base of the stand about 4, behind it I have a small cup made with liquid killer in it, & vasaline around the top of the tank. so far I haven't seen but one, Keeping the fingers crossed!

8. marleyfish

marleyfish "First Molt In Progress"

if anyone has problems with gnats my girlfriend and i discovered a wonderful trick. now every site and person i talked to told me the vinegar and wine with dish soap thing and it does work but if you want something that works 3 times faster and attracts 3 times more gnats just use a small dish of koolaid.