1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cursing!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by HERMEZ, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

:mad: There is alot of cursing going on here lately- whether in code or typed out. It will not be tolerated. As of now we are just correcting it and making a note. Repeated offenses will not be with out warnings or bans- this is part of the rules we all agreed on abiding to--THANKS

2. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Thanks for the reminder ....I haven't noticed any cursing and I don't use any harsh language. I know we have some younger members on the forum whose parents might not appreciate some of the words we adults define as slang or "not really a curse word". Everyone should work together to make this a friendly place for the kids who come here as well.:)

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

yeah its not the adults (mostly) that is the sad part about it :(

4. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

Maybe I should apologize, i do use the word "bugger", and yeah I just used it again, but I know thats all I say. Where I'm from it's not a bad word, but I have heard of ppl frowning upon that word. I'll choose another word from now on :)

5. krackersmom2

I really don't have a problem with that word and I'm a parent. I think it's mostly the really strong words where people insert (******) and place a few letters that give you the general idea of what they are saying. I was reviewing some posts and I did see that used as well as some other so, so language.

6. Switchblade_Brigade

Switchblade_Brigade "First Molt, A Success"

*curls up in the corner in shame*:(

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

Uncurl!!!! *hugs* Fresh start for everyone!

8. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

bugger is a cute word that is not a bad one :D

This is a reminder of the rules not for everyone to be hung (not yet ;)) you know who you are so just refrain. Thanks :)

9. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

Ok thanks. I'm a parent too, and when the kids act up, thats what they get called, lol.

10. krackersmom2

Our local paper has an online edition where you can post comments on the stories...whit rules in place of course. There are some teenagers that think it's funny to get on and post a whole bunch of lewd and vulgar paragraphs that have nothing to do with the story. Sadly there are a lot of people that think it's okay to use bad language with anyone. I know I don't appreciate having a conversation with another adult who curses a lot. I always say, if you're smart, then you should have a better vocabulary to pull from. I don't find anything intelligent about cursing! Throw out a word that makes someone go home and look it up.

11. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

krackersmom

Double ditto!! When I read the first posting, I knew it was unlikely to be adults. I find most of the teenagers on crab sites to be intelligent, caring individuals. I think all others should go to youtube or the latest teenage debauchery site so those of us who really care about the topic, crabs, won't have to be bothered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2008
  12. nick-dadson

nick-dadson (Micro Crab)

I'll have to apologise too then as I say buggar and bloody quite a bit...mind you in australia bloody is used quite a bit..its everywhere because heres its not a cursing word but you use it to emphasise things.. e.i. "that was a bloody big storm" etc etc.

I'll stop from now on ;)

13. vckums

vckums Moderator

I love that!!!

14. vckums

vckums Moderator

Wanted to bump this up due to HCRU getting some new members. Please read if you haven't before. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.