1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crusty's death

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by Donny (TMNT), Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

I once had a crab named Crusty, he was my favorite one.
    I was very sad when he died.
    It makes me even more sad to know that he died because I didn't take proper care of him when he had to molt. :( + :eek: = :confused:

I remember the best time I had with Crusty, when he took an almond from my hand one night. he also was the biggest, and had the most character.

I learned from my mistake, and changed the way I was handling them. one of the things I changed was joining this forum, so I hope I can learn as much from it as I can.

One of my other crabs, Shelle, (pronounced "SHELLY") is doing much better now that I fixed a lot my mistakes, has become my favorite crab, although I won't forget Crusty, especially that day when I hand-fed him.:)

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

I'm sorry about Crusty. Poor hermie! I'm glad you are more knowledgeable about hermit crabs now. You can now be a good owner to your current hermies, and give them the long life they deserve.

3. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Poor Crusty! :( I'm so sorry. :( It's okay; almost everybody starts out like you do. I lost a lot of hermies when I was little because I didn't care for them properly. But now you take awesome care of your hermies, which is great. :) I have a hermit crab named Crusty, too and he is such a sweet little boy! :)

4. Donny (TMNT)

Yeah, I saw you had a crab named crusty too! :>
    I hope to get more crabs so Shelle won't be lonely.

5. manolo578

manolo578 (Micro Crab)

My cousin bought 2 strawberries or red PPs and he kept them in a Kritter container instead of an aquarium. I was astonished and he just had substrate, and food and water dish. HE told me that they eventually attacked each other and got into a fight. If they were straws, why would P.J.'s pets sell high maitenence hermit crabs to a boy who was 10 at the time. And they didnt even instruct him to get a larger container. He didnt even have a proper heating and humidity. It is a shame. :'(

6. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

The pet stores don't care. They know nothing about crabs and all they care is that they're cute and people would buy them and the pet store would earn money. All they care about is money. It's sad.:(

7. Donny (TMNT)

It's true.
    And it's not just hermies either. I've seen rodents with the wrong stuff and with with tiny, little cages. I don't trust anyting the stores say about pet care anymore. :mad:

New employee: Hey boss, Aren't the guinie pigs supposed to have hay?

Boss: Hay? What do you think they are, hoarses?!

New employee: and aren't the orangutangs supposed to have bigger cages than 5 gallons?

Boss: They're called "big monkeys", and I think they LIKE bending their bodies all the way over like that.

New employee: Um, sir, They're bending over "twice".

Boss: awww, I think it's cute!

New employee: THAT'S IT, I quit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.