1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crusty Molted!

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by tams3crabs, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tams3crabs

tams3crabs Hi, I'm New Here!

I posted in the new member section a week or so ago, and have posted only one time, but I am excited to say that our crab who went 1/2 way down into the sand did successfully molt! :D Still have one down all the way, we haven't seen Shelly in almost 1 month. Hoping all is well. And sadly, we did lose our first/best crab, Crabby.
    So excited about our freshly molted hermie.

Tammy

2. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Welcome!

I think you never really get over that feeling! Congrats on the molt! Every time one of mine comes up, I am still overjoyed! Batman came up from his 3rd recently, Daisy is down for her third and one of my two new E's buried after a couple of days in the main tank....not sure what he's doing but hope all goes well with all our buried friends! :)

p.s. sorry for the loss of Crabby ...

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I could not sleep when I had my first molt--Skyler (RIP) left me feeling very estatic. Congrats

4. tams3crabs

I am still happy! He hasn't moved a lot, but seems to be eating, (I put food next to him), and he is a very pretty color, all fresh looking, and he keeps his antenna's out and moving when we look at him. It is a great feeling. Now when can I expect him to get active again? This crab was always our most curious and on the go.

5. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

My crabs have always been extremely active as soon as they come up. Batman is still tank trashing ... hmph!

6. tams3crabs

Re: Crusty Molted! And so did Shelly!

OMG, we came home today and Shelly is up, all covered with sand, and under the log with Crusty, and we are so excited! I gave them a piece of banana and quickly left them alone. I saw the hole in the sand where Shelly tunneled up, and started looking through the empty shells. Couldn't find Shelly, so I lifted the bark log and there they both were. I couldn't wait to tell my kids, (the crabs actually belong to them,) we marked our calendars and we are so happy, we are going out later to get more goodies for the crabitat. Now that we have 2 survivors thus far, it is time to make their tat even better.
    Thanks for your support and sharing in our excitement, being a new crab owner and having lost our original two, I really worried about these guys.

7. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

Congrats!!!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.