1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cricket Quencher

Discussion in 'What's Cooking? - Not Poison!' started by ReganShaw, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

We ran into a family at the pet store the other day that uses this. They said their hermies absolutely love it, and scurry to the dish as soon as they put it in. Anyone else use it?

2. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

What is it??

3. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

I picked it up to read the ingredients the other day and forgot what they were. There were only about 2 things listed...I think. I remember one being some long chemical sounding name...not at all that that is what it is, just what I remember thinking. Wish I would have had a pen to write it down because I can't find it on the internet.

I have to go to the local pet store today, so I will check and see if they have it.

And to answer your question pb, it is a gelatinous type of "stuff" that you give to crickets~I guess like a drinking source?? It looks like jello when it starts to get warm from sitting out.

4. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

I went to Petco.com...and found this...

Description
    Fluker's Calcium Fortified Cricket Quencher provides crickets and other feeder insects with a safe, clean water source in a convenient gel form.
    This easy-to-use formula eliminates many of the problems associated with traditional watering methods, such as the formation of deadly bacteria and loss through drowning. Plus, it offers a source of calcium for gut-loading insects prior to feeding them to your reptile.

Technical Information

Feeding Directions
    Place a small amount of product in a shallow dish in insects' cage. Refill as needed. There is no need to provide an additional water source.

Store in a cool, dry place.

Ingredients
    Polyacrylamide copolymer and calcium.

Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude protein (min.) 0.24%, crude fat (min.) 0%, crude fiber (max.) 1.39%, moisture (min.) 96.85%, ash (max.) 0.91%.

5. kittykat

kittykat Hi, I'm New Here!

i saw that at the store too, but didn't really look at it because it said for crickets. is is safe for our babies?
    danielle

6. kuplakrabs

Danielle,
    There are actually quite a few things that you can give your crabs that aren't necessarily marketed for "hermit crabs". I have just about 40 different dry foods that I feed to my crabs on a rotation basis. Some of which are marketed for birds like Kaytee Healthy Toppings!

Check our Food and Treats forum for more ideas [​IMG]

7. happy_crabbies

happy_crabbies (Micro Crab)

I bought some to "try" it...I put a small dish of it into the tank at about 8pm...I almost never see any of my babies eating until well after midnight.
    They started coming out one by one about 5 minutes after I put it in...so i think they like it. I always worry that they aren't getting enough calcium (which is why I thought I would try it}/

8. kuplakrabs

I have seen that there is also Jurassi-Quench which is a lovely shade of green [​IMG]

Is the consistency like "melting" jello? I could only describe it that way from looking at it in the jar.

9. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kuplakrabs:
    Danielle,
    There are actually quite a few things that you can give your crabs that aren't necessarily marketed for "hermit crabs". I have just about 40 different dry foods that I feed to my crabs on a rotation basis. Some of which are marketed for birds like Kaytee Healthy Toppings!

Check our Food and Treats forum for more ideas [​IMG] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I got some of the healthy toppings coconut and raspberries figuring they would love it..and the little snobs won't touch it! LOL

10. kuplakrabs

LOL Ally [​IMG] That is sooo funny. You must really be spoiling them with the fresh, good stuff. You're such a good hermie mommy [​IMG]

Mine get the dried up stuff-poor kids LOL

11. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

I'm feeding a turtle, a tortoise, and a tank of apple snails in addition to the 37 crabs, so I figure it's worth it to buy fresh good stuff. I can split half an apple between them all and eat the other half myself. It forces me to eat better, too. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.