1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crabitat...

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by NitaRocks!, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NitaRocks!

NitaRocks! (Micro Crab)

Can you please answer these?

What are some ways to keep humidity in?
    Do levels in the tat hurt the hermies if they fall off?
    Do you have any themes or random ideas for my 10 gallon tat? (I'm going to PetSmart or Petco today)

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

You can go to Lowe's or Home Depot and they can cut you a piece of Plexiglas. Get the measurements of you tank and use that as a lid. That will keep heat and humidity in. To make humidity get a 5 in. bowl and fill it with dechlorinated water and stick a sponge in it. That Fake plants are fine and make sure there is a small cave or pot or niche for each of your crabs to hide in.

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Welcome NitaRocks! :) Check out the Forum also---it has a wealth of information.

4. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

To keep the humidity in, you can use a fish tank lid or plexiglass, something solid. You don't really have to worry about hermit crabs getting injured from falling off levels that much. There was a hermit crab who fell out of a window and survived. You can use hemp nets for levels. Nets are really fun for your hermies to climb and so are plants. I have a climbing wall in my tank. Welcome to the best hermie site ever!!!!

5. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

ohhh good idea now i can make a second level!

6. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

Please don't use a sponge, they hold bacteria and are hard to keep clean. Instead to help with humidity go to your local dollar store and get a suction cup soap dish (which can also be used as a 2nd level) and get some moss and keep it moist with salt water. Moss is the best way to help with humidity. Also get a plexi glass lid or some type of lid that will help, screen lids will work but are not recommended but you will need to put saran wrap over about 3/4th of the lid to help with humidity. Just remember whatever lid you use it needs to have holes or some way for air to circulate.

7. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Oh, when I asked about those everyone said to use them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.