1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crabitat Essentials Kits

Discussion in 'Product Reviews.' started by vckums, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vckums

vckums Moderator

2. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Every store needs to carry a kit like that....great idea to make up starter kits!

3. wachfuleyez

wachfuleyez "Never Molted"

HELP PLEASE! I would love to add a spa like bubbler to my terr. what do I need also I want to add a second level to a 20g.l What would you suggest?

4. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

For a second level, go to WalMart and look in the shower stuff in the home imporvement area....where you find suction cups, toilet seats, towel bars etc.....not where they keep decor (towels, shwer curtains etc.)
    You can find corner shower caddies and sometimes oval long shaped shower caddies as well. They sell for about $6.99 where I live. You can put moss of some other type of lightweight substrate in the caddie.
    For a bubble pool, you need a water dish, and aquarium air stone, some air tubing, and a small aquarium air pump. You hook one end of the hose to the air stone and the other end to the air pump and place the stone into the pool......you will probably want to secure the hose ...sometimes you can find suction cups in the aquarium dept. that are designed to hold down tubing. You will also want to make sure there is not an opening large enough for your crabs to escape through at the top....I've heard people tell about their crabs scaling up the air hose and out the top....Little escape artists!!:cool: I haven't made one yet because my humidity stays pretty stable. Great question!

5. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

Yes, I forgot to mention that in the other post. I had one climb up the tubing and escape. Luckily I found him on top of the tank! But I had to put plastic wrap all around the tubing at the top so they couldn't do that again!!

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

Finally got these up and ready!

7. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

nevermind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.