1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crabitat Accessories For Sale

Discussion in 'Shell Swap & Freebies?' started by Chase, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chase

Chase "First Molt In Progress"

Hey there!

As you all know, I have tons of Accessories for my Hermit Crabs!

I've had my Hermit Crabs for a good 2 years, and I think I've had my fill.

Hermit Crabs are nocturnal, which makes them very difficult to enjoy.

As much as I love my little buggers, I'm afraid I won't be adopting anymore.

That being said, I will be selling my Accessories.

I have:

1 Coco Hut

1 ft of Cholla Wood

1 Blue Mister

1 Full Container of Aquarium Salt

I'm not sure if it's legal to re-sale all this, but I need to get rid of it.

Just PM me if your interested in anything!

:)

2. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Check out your PM!

3. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

What do you mean you had your fill? :( You still have two hermies, right? Aren't you going to keep them? And as for the nocturnal thing, I've discovered that if you play with them a lot during the day, their sleeping habits adjust. They sleep when their tired; Id on't think they wait till it's night to wake up. So if you play with them a lot during day when their not molting, it's likely that your hermies will become less nocturnal and you'll see them more often. And I don't understand how it's possible that hermies are difficult to enjoy unless they will never do anything but sit in their shell. Even if they don't like to play with you, they are so fascinating to watch scurry around the tank, climb, dig, eat, drink, interact with their friends, and just be plain strange. And when they do like to play with you, it's so much fun! :) I kiss them, let them walk on my hand, and try to develop the closest bond possible. If your hermie just sits in his/her shell and pinches, you could always get some friendlier ones too.
    I'm just trying to persuade you to keep on crabbing! :)

4. Chase

I understand, you want me to keep on crabbing.

But Hermit Crabs don't do anything!

And you have to remember, when you kiss your Hermies, your putting your mouth on bacteria.

Eww.

:p

5. Laughs O Lot

Bacteria-shmeria! I love my babies.:p And hermit crabs do do a lot of things, which I mentioned in my previous post!

6. Chase

Alot?

I think you should re-think, Hermit Crabs Eat, Play, and bury.

Almost like a baby, but smaller.

So %85 of the time they are buried.

%5 of the time they crawl around, and play.

%10 of the time they eat.

7. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

I don't kiss them. Cause I might get pinch in the mouth. They are my little babies but no kissing crabs for me.

8. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Also I bought the cholla wood so.....

9. Laughs O Lot

You can't put percentages like that. Every hermie is different. Maybe the percentages are correct for your crabs, but they definetely won't fit for some other crabs you get when you KEEP ON CRABBING!!!
    Adding on to the list, they sleep, drink, talk (this isn't definite but I am sure they communicate somehow, whether it is talking or moving their feelers), establish rank, help eachother out, climb, race, clean themselves, bathe, change shells, molt, make friends, hide, pinch, go on adventures, and other stuff that I can't think of right now.

10. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

The thing that draws me to these guys (and believe me. I haven't seen mine ONCE this week), is that to truly take care of them and understand them is a very small percentage of the population, and the rest are just sitting in starter kits all over the world. But they are not common PET pets, does that make any sense? Usually they're just kids toys :( There is so much more to them than what everyone generally knows, and well as said already, they ARE quite amusing when they are moving around ^^

11. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

I thought none of mine EVER ever came out and they just slept day and night.. but this morning I woke up at like 5:00am(thats early for me) and saw that that is not the case!! I saw 1 eating, 1 walking around, and one climbing the cholla wood trying to get into the shell pit! And I had a great time playing with them! One of them(Storm my girl Ecuadorian) Crawled up my arm and down my back! So maybe you should wake up early like at 5:00am and see what you can find in your hermit crab tank!!:D

12. crabalicious

crabalicious "Preparing For First Molt"

I'm a night owl myself, and I enjoy sneaking up on them during the night to see what they're up to. I'm sure they don't appreciate the sudden turning on of the lights. They're up having their crab parties.

It's weird how some of them have little personalities. I wouldn't have thought so before I owned them. My kids adore them even though we have plenty of snuggly pets around. And not in the usual sad kid story way, like the way I accumulated all these crabs from other parents. I think my son is the crab whisperer or something. His favorite ones are so chilled out with him. They hang out with him all the time and never pinch him (the rest of the family is another story). They ride around on his shoulder, sit in his lap, etc.

I'm not sure why they fascinate me so much, but I really do enjoy them. Just watching them crawl around has a strange amount of entertainment value.

13. Chase

I'm sure they do have fun at night, which is why they are nocturnal.

Aside from that, waking up at 5:00 am to see what your Hermit Crabs are doing, is ridiculous in my opinion.

Wouldn't you like to see them play around 24/7?

14. Laughs O Lot

I told you before, if you play with them a lot during the day their sleeping habits adjust, so you won't have to wake up at 5:00am.

15. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

I don't think I mind so much that they are nocturnal, since I work allll day long and if they weren't, I would feel bad that they might be bored... but then again, I'm sleeping when they wake too...

I sneak up on them at night too! Though I don't usually turn the light on anymore, I just use like a cell phone light or something dim so I don't scare them!

16. Chase

I've never heard of an animal actually changing it's personal schedule.

I learn something new every day, ha ha!

:p

17. Laughs O Lot

LOL! :D But then they dig down and they become nocturnal all over again sometimes.:rolleyes:

18. crabalicious

crabalicious "Preparing For First Molt"

LOL. I will adjust my cruel behavior. I always feel a little bad, but they don't stop what they're doing. I'll have to remember to bring my phone with me. That would be a much better option. :eek:

19. Chase

They never truly, change weather they are nocturnal or not.

It is impossible to change something like that.

;)

20. Laughs O Lot

Not completely, but you can change it so they sleep for like half the day and half the night and play for half the day and half the night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.