1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crabby Witch here! Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Crabby Witch, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Crabby Witch

Crabby Witch Hi, I'm New Here!

Stopping by to say hello. I have lots of crabs, Pp. Just got a straw but its still buried and molting. I'm a member at most the other forums and use the same name. I tune in on an occasion and hat or ask a question. I love learning new things on these little guys. I love looking at pictures of peoples crabitats and getting new ideas. I just up graded to a 40 breeder that was given to me, for my jumbos. There in heaven. 2 went down to molt right away in the fresh soil, the others are climbing and walking all over. I have the tanks on porch for now in he hot and humid air and there all happy. When I bring them inside over the next few weeks depending on how cold it starts to get at night, I'm going to turn my 40 into a coffee table. This will help with over crowding my home and make great use of the space, I already have the glass top, I'm just trying to figure out how to be able to get in and out the top and have the lights one.....any ideas??? Feel free to make a scetch and post it! Its seeming more like I will have to make 4 braces on the sides to hold the glass and not lay it directly down on the glass.

2. Crabby Witch

IMG_20160901_153318_1.jpg

3. Crabby Witch

Its not done but an idea. The blue levels to the right are a moss pit on bottom and a salt pool on top. They love it! The water bowl to the left is fresh and its 2 bowls, one to hold the mold and keep the shells in place and I just lift the top out to clean and slide it back in. To the back left, upper will be a hanging shell shop and over the fresh water will be a 2 story climb ramp to play. The back wall is a large piece of fresh cork and fake greeneries to hide under. I stuck 2 empty glass jars with lids for future plant life, in the soil. I usually keep there dry foods in a commercial food tray and put there fresh foods in shells all over the tank so they all can eat something with no food aggressions. I have Rolly pollies in my cages for poo clean up, they breed well and multiply. So, there's a little of my area of hermit life

4. Jason

Jason Moderator

Welcome to our community. It is a complex setup you have there. I have to admit that I was about to ask what the blue containers were for, but say your last post. interesting idea on using them for the salt pool. I take it the salt water is in the top container, as it would make it easier to swap out. Is it hard to change out the water? Never had a Strawberry, but they look awesome. How many will be home in the 40 gallon long aquarium?

Jason

5. Crabby Witch

Hi. I just set the tank up a few days ago...not finished with it yet. Ive just been busy. The salt water is on top for the easy clean, yes. The fresh water to the left front is there for the same reason, easy clean, there are 2 containers there, the top lifts out for easy clean and slides back into the base...I got tired of the dirt falling into the whole when i removed it, so I just put 2 containers in...why did it take me years to figure it out? When im done with this tank it will have many levels in different areas. The more for them to climb and not be on top of each other. I will have 10 total in the tank when my other 2 come up from molting in there other tanks. So far I have had no problem with them living together. I keep fresh water and food and plenty of shells to shop for and climbing and digging...so far they have been content with each other. Ive seen no aggression at all....thank god! My 2 biggest are Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, there both males and always seem to get the same shell if possible, you would almost think they were twins. They get along well and always hang out together at the end of the day. lol. This 40g Breeder will become a coffee table...somehow. Space is limited inside, so i want to make them a furniture object if possible. Im thinking of making my 30g Tall into a side table also. The 30g will hold my medium crabs. If this turns out to be a bust, then I will just build a tall 3 level stand for all the tanks and put it on wheels to move it around if need be.