1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~Crabby Update!~

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Laughs O Lot, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Guess what?????? There are 4 really cool things I have to tell you...
    :spunky: :woohoo: :hermez2:

1. I GOT A 47 GALLON! Woohoooo! :D I bought it off of craigslist and it looks so big!!! My crabs love it! :) It has eco earth/ playsand, lots of toys, a waterfall, saltwater bowl, food dish, gauges, and 2 second levels! Crusty already climbed into both of them by himself. It's the biggest tank that would fit on my desk. I got it a while ago, but I kept on forgetting to tell you peoples.

2. Crusty molted! He looks great! :) Crusty molted in the 20 gallon while I moved the others into the new tank. He has pretty much the same coloring, but is a little bigger. Crusty is sooooo cute!

3. Today we're celebrating Crusty's birthday! We got him in January last year. He was the best Christmas/ New Years present ever! I'm going to bake a birthday cake like I did for Sherbert, and we're going to have a huge party!

4. Everybody is currently up :knock on wood: and they are bonding soooo much! Every hermie hangs out with everybody else, usually in groups of 2. A lot of times Sherbert and Lou-Lou are under the moss pit sitting next to eachother, while Crusty and Buddy are behind the tree fern slab together. They are all best friends. It's amazing!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CRUSTY! :HCR:  :shell1: :eek:ccasion13: :eek:ccasion15: :bday1: :eek:ccasion1: :bunch: :eek:ccasion16: :eek:ccasion18:

I'm going to post pics as soon as I can! :) I actually have a camera that works now! Can you believe it?

2. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

That's great! It's always fun to get a bigger tank especially when you used to have a 20g or less. Can't wait to see pics!

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Awesome Laughs!!! 47 gallon is the perfect size, not so big you need 20 people to help carry it an not so small that it won't be big enough for the crabs. They'll be so happy. I want to see pictures of that waterfall! I was looking into one but couldn't find out big enough to fit my largest crab. Great to see you back around the forum and horay for Crusty and his molt!

4. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

So... it sounds as if you have 4 crabs? Am i correct?
    Congrats on everything!

5. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

You can make a home-made waterfall for a lot cheaper than the exo-terra ones.

6. Laughs O Lot

Thanks everybody! The party was a lot of fun! I baked the cake and put up a little happy birthday sign. We went downstairs to my Grandma's floor of the house and sang happy b-day. They hardly ate any of the cake, though. :rollseyes: Only Sherbert showed interest. But all of them ate a little of the honey I put on the plate. Then we had the relay race where they had to climb up the tree fern slab, then the choya wood, then down another piece of choya wood, then onto a hemp net, then finally to the cake on the plate! Buddy won!!! Nobody else finished it; it kept on falling and they kept on going in the wrong directions. Lol.  :chuckle: While I was trying to make every body else finish Buddy was running around the room. It was an awesome party!
    The pet store guy told me how to make a waterfall, but it sounded confusing, so I just bought one. But thanks for the advice, LordRhal!

7. cococrisp

Haha that's funny. I was beggining to think, gee, your crabs can do relay races!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY (or bought day :D ), Crusty!

8. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

I just call it "ownership day", though it sounds kind of lame. I wish I could have a party like that! I once gave my crabs a jar of dried mealworms for their "ownership day". I'd actually prefer "birthday" to "ownership day"

9. Laughs O Lot

Lol! Bought day sounds cool! Actually, on Sherbert's birthday, I did a relay race, too, and everybody finished it! It was amazing! Sherbert came in 1st, Lou-Lou came in 2nd, and Crusty came in 3rd.

10. Laughs O Lot

I bet the mealworms made them really happy! I really want mealworms for my crabs to eat, but my mom refuses to have any bugs in the house, dead or alive.

11. Donny (TMNT)

I'll have to warn ya', the first week of having those dried mealworms grossed me out, so I didn't feed them to my crabs, but eventually I got used to the worms and feed them to them all the time!

12. Laughs O Lot

:sign10:

13. cococrisp

Aww, it's not that bad..... For someone who used to keep pet beetles. :)

14. Donny (TMNT)

I have a live beetle farm in my house, but for some reason, they don't gross me out like the dead worms used to. Maybe its becuase they don't make a "rattling" sound when you shake them. *EWWWW!*