1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crabby Paddy

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by scoobdoo, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

[​IMG]
    is loving the nanner covered in hermit treat!

2. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

everyone tank making me jealous!!!! :BB:

3. scoobdoo

why? nuttin special about mine

4. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Mine isn't so speacial either, but I'm hoping a can put in a plastic plant to
    make things more interesting.

5. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

I see purple and green are your favorite colors, scoobdoo! Or are they Crabby Paddy's? :chuckle: (Well, you can't really help the fact that your plants are green, so green isn't necessarily your fav. color, but you didn't have to buy purple shells, and a purple Hermie Hut, and... Stop me, or I'll go on forever! I'm a real talker, if you haven't noticed! And proud of it, too! :chuckle:
    Donny (TMNT), plastic plants ALWAYS seem to make a tank more interesting! :biglaugh:

6. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

I have the most plainest tank in the whole into hermy world!!!!! Its jut a log water and lettuce and cholla wood

7. scoobdoo

hey ya cool doogy I got my plain green plants at a dollar tree, they are not purple as some might think :tease1: it's the moon glow light that made things look purple. I got my hut from crab patch and they hardly use it, & that's all I have in mine except the
    cholla wood I have about 5 of them sticking up out of the sand laying on the sand & a couple big rocks that I boiled and put in there for them to climb on. go to your local dollar tree, just don't get plants that have little stuff that flakes off, make sure you wash them off with your treated water. I got some jungle vine and wrapped a vine around it and hot glued parts of the ends on the outside of the tank through a hole in my lid so my climber climbs on it.

8. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

:chuckle: scoobdoo, if you review the previous posts, you will see that I was actually the one to ask the question involving the colors; purple and green! :sign10:
    I never would have thought to look in a Dollar Tree for hermit crab supplies and crabitat accessories! Thank you for informing me of this!
    I guess moon glow light bulbs can play tricks on your eyes! Or is just my eyes?... :chuckle: (I seem to use a lot of smileys, nowadays, don't I? Now that I think about it, I seem to be very active on the forum! I reply to almost every single post, and send PM's (Personal Messages) and create new topics (threads) right and left!) :bye:

9. scoobdoo

silly nilly I know you it was you! I was joking. There are a lot of things you can use, the terra cotta little decorations for plants, I have had a turtle and a snail, just make sure no wires on them. I wouldn't use any large poly resin type they give off an odor. I bought a large sand castle at Lowes to put in tank and after about 2 weeks it was :tuna: it was suggested that it was chemical reaction. the clay pots if they are broke and cracked give a rustic look to a large glass jar covered with sand makes a good cave, even a gladware container upside down with a door cut out covered in sand makes a good cave & a second level. I'm always re doing my tank, every time I change the water I move something, take some thing out and put something else in. They love exploring all over after I do it

10. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Oh! :eek:ops2: Now I feel like a real :tuna: ! I'm sorry! :BangHead:

11. Donny (TMNT)

Eeeewwww, any curse word that gets replaced by :tuna: must be nasty.
    Naw, I'm just kidding. I don't take a lot of time looking at other people's
    cages, but when I do, they almost always impress me.

12. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

I'm not picky about my standards for an a below average, average, or above average crabitat... It's pretty obvious as to which ones belong in which groups! :sign10: So far, I have not seen a single 'bad-looking' crabitat, yet, and I am sure I never will, except for a lot of pet stores, malls, and board walks that sell hermit crabs... (Not all, though. There a few 'special' stores, out of millions of terrible, unhealthy stores in the world, and those are the stores I like best.) :)

13. scoobdoo

I love seeing other crab tanks and how people set them up, My tank is a shallow reg 22 or 29 gal fish tank, so by the time I add 3-4 inches of sand cause I have big crabs, it doesn't really leave a lot of room. if it makes ya feel any better I get jealous when I see the huge tanks that people have and really get to have tons of cool decorations, but I can't afford over 100$ for one and I don't have the space.

14. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Ya, same here, scoobdoo! Money always gets in the way of my decorating my crabitat. Decorations are just sooooooo expensive these days! :scream:

15. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I'm with Scoobdoo...Dollar Tree has some great plants, along with Walmart and a craft place called Michaels. I really like Michaels when they have their 40% off sale. Every now and again I'll pick something up that catches my eye and put it away.

When I do a deep clean, I rotate my decorations out, clean them up and put them away in a box or plastic tub. Then I take out another set that i have saved and put them in the tank. After awhile of picking up a piece here and there, you'll find you have to buy less.

No matter how small or big the tank, just remember, you have given a hermit crab a chance at survival . To them, it's like a "Crabby Palace". :straw:

16. Donny (TMNT)

It odd and sad and sort of funny that the best hermit crab decor stores aren't even for crabs.

17. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Yup! You said it, Donny (TMNT)! :chuckle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.