1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crabby Links

Discussion in 'Crabby Links' started by Hildegarde, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

I was just trolling around in the site while I'm waiting for an email from my son. Usually I just go to New Posts and then get out again.

I'm curious as to what this part of the website is about. It's Crabby Links.

Does it encourage members to list their own sites? Or is it for posting something about another site or forum (two very different things) for other members to go to.

For example, if a member had a question about shells, would it be alright to list 3 or 4 sites that are well known in the crabbing community whose main stock is in shells? How about sites that are not forums, yet contain very valuable information for a new crab owner or even someone who has been around crabs for awhile but still needs to do some research? And, finally, it seems to be saying that we, as members, should advocate, or at least not mind, referring members to other sites with the idea that other sites might be more helpful towards one's need for knowledge about particulars regarding hermies?:confused:

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

I do not have a problem with members posting an odd link to a site they do not own as long as the site is very helpful to fellow hermit crabs owners, but posts like "please join my forum" are not appreciated. That said this section was setup for members to post links to their own sites.

Jason

3. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Thanks for the explanation, Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.