1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crabby Contest

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by Mckenny, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Well Peeps, I need your help in making a decision. :think:

Do we want to have a Photo Contest for our crabbies this month, or perhaps wait until May or June when things start picking up a bit in the warmer months to come?

I would like to have better participation than what we have had.
    I'm not sure what to do to get more involved and make this a fun event.
    So---what are your thoughts on this, and please speak up and be sincere. We can't fix what we aren't aware is broken. My feelings won't get hurt nor will Vckums or Hermiefun's.
    Every member is very welcome to chime in with thoughts or suggestions.

We love seeing everyone's pictures of their crabby family, so let me know what you want to do.
    :thanks:

p.s. feel free to send a personal message if you'd rather.

2. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

I think we should wait a little longer so that we can maybe do a spring theme. Here in Maine is really awkward on weather going from high 70s 1 week to snowing the next so nothing is really growing yet that would interest any theme.
    If we wait until June we could do a summer beach/fun in the sun theme, I think that'd be cool. just tossing my ideas out there, I love any chance I can get to show off my crabs xD anyone can tell you that

3. Mckenny

Thanks so much for responding Katz...that's a great point about different parts of the country.

That will deffinitely be one of the considerations. :flower:

4. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

I say wait too. Just til after easter or so. I know I have been a big slacker in contests. But I want to get motivated ,and getting beyond another holiday will help. :dance:

5. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

lets just wait, get the mo jo juice flowing, a little time to revamp, some iders to bake in our heads..people are working in their gardens, getting yard work done, ect..me it's just nice here &if I ain't stuck in the library I'm out side!! last thing I want to do is a photo contest with the crabs now.. unless I can do it at 3, 4 a.m. in the morning :) like maybe May [ May flowers ] take pictures with either real or fake flowers??

6. Mckenny

:heart: Thanks sooo much for the feedback everyone and taking the time to let me know what you think.

How about this...we do one in July, that way it gives everyone time to take care of the transition of Spring/Summer.
    The crabbies will be busier, and those who are switching tanks or getting ready for deep cleans will have more time.

Then we'll do one in October for Fall before the crabbies start to chill out for the Winter.

If you have something different in mind give a shout out. :huggies:

7. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

sounds good to me :woohoo: :hermez:

8. Mckenny

:thumbsup:

9. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

sounds great :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.