1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crabby calendar!

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by Amie91280, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

We're going to make a calendar for Cafe Press and need your images!  Images should be high quality jpg or png images with dimensions of at least 1650 by 1275 pixels or 11" by 8.5"

E-mail entries to Amie91280 @ AOL.com, without the spaces

*I'd like to have all entries in by January 27th please.  It's a 2006 calendar and January is almost over.  We'll probably make Januay the HCA.net logo to be fair so nobody gets a picture on the calendar in a month that is already over.*

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Re: crabby calendar contest!

Woohooo! I forgot about this...Cmon send in your pics! You all take beautiful pictures! :icon_thumleft: :notworthy:

3. Re: crabby calendar contest!

now that I have seen how great my mom's camera takes pictures (it better, since it was over $800!) I just need my straws to surface so I can get some great shots! ah, since it's late, I just peaked in, and there's some activity, but no straws...the must know! :confused5:

4. Amie91280

If it's at all possible, I'd like to include two pictures of each species in the calendar. Since there are 6 species of crabs available in the US, we can break it down pretty evenly. Please be sure when you submit a picture to let me know the crab's name (or names) and what name you want to be used (your screen name or real first name or both). I'd like to get started on the calendar as soon as possible :icon_smile:

5. Amie91280

I need one more pic each of a rug, indo, E, straw and cav if anyone has them.  Here's the list of what crabs are on there so far, the order might get changed, but they're all keepers!

Cover- Robin's ruggie
    Jan- I used one of my own photos of my E, Duncan since the month is almost over
    Feb- Kathy's PP, Chip- this is just random for now, Kathy if you want him in a different month, let me know.
    March- CrabbyChris and PolarCrab's Indo, Beaker
    April- Robin's cav--Robin's pics are all random right now as well, if someone wants a month they're in (other than the cover) let me know and Robin, if you want them in a specific month, also let me know.
    May- open
    June- Robin's baby straw
    July- open
    August- Mad's PP, Kahuna
    September- open
    October- open
    November- open
    December- CrabbyChris and PolarCrab's Indo, Petunia

Edit- I rearranged them a little bit. If you sent me a picture and have a special month you'd like to see it in, let me know (if the month is open).  Thanks!  I'd like to try to include everyone who sent a picture, so things still might change :)

6. Amie91280

I *think* I offifically have enough pictures as of this morning. If everything goes smoothly, the calendar should be available in the next day or two (depending on how much free time I have...lol). After it's done, I can start working more on some shirts and other stuff.

7. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Hey Amie, if you can use any of our pics for the shirts, be our guest! I don't know if the ones I sent you last night are big enough, but feel free to use any that are good enough.

8. Amie91280

Thanks Chris! I just realized I'm one straw pic short. If anyone who hasn't sent me one sends one, it'll get on there. If not, I have one somebody sent me. They also sent me another pic that's getting on though, and I'd like to have as many different members get pictures on there as possible. So if you have a decent straw pic and haven't sent me anything yet, please send!

9. Amie91280

10. vckums

vckums Moderator

Thanks to everyone who sent in pics! It's so kewl of you to participate!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: You guys made the calendar what it is, amazing!

Don't forget, if you have a pic you'd like to see on a cafepress item just contact Amie or Kellie! :icon_thumleft:

11. putertutor

putertutor Guest

You guys did an awesome job! Terrific calendar! :hello2:

12. Amie91280

I had some pretty awesome pictures to work with! Thanks!

13. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Yeah Amie, from what I could see of the calendar on Cafepress, it looks really great. So great that I ordered 2!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.