1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crab Sizes

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Becca, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

First, in discussion of sizes of crabs (micro, jumbo, etc) I have a general idea of what people mean, but I would like specifics on how big each of the different types is.

Based on that information, how many crabs will be happy in a ten gallon? I have one crab that is in a Japanese snail shell and is 2-3 in long with shell. The other two are an inch with their shells. I would plan on buying more of the smaller ones.

2. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

Well, all I can say is that with a small tank (less than 40gallons) you should not get any of the BIG boys...

I asked about the crabs per gallon or crabs per square inch rule...it's a tricky subject.

PP's love to climb, Straws/E's loves to wander...it gets very complicated...

Right now...and bear in mind I'm about to upgrade...

I have 8 small/med PP's
    1 Large Straw and 3 small/med E's in my 20 gallon

That's a lot! Hence the reason I'm upgrading... you'll notice that I haven't even had these guys 2 weeks and am already getting them a bigger tank...scary addiction?!

Check out the Biography of our Crabitats section for some ideas...and look at people's siggy's ... some say how many crabs they have...

Hope I helped

3. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

There's a posting I found (somewhere in here) about approximately about gals/crab of certain sizes. They don't sell anyone bigger than a small larges in the stores near here...My medium is as big as I'm going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.