1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crab keeps attacking

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by lucco, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucco

lucco Hi, I'm New Here!

i have a crab that keeps attacking only one of my crabs. i put him in iso but it don't help i let him back in to the big tank after a few days. he will be ok the first couple of days then bam he is at it again. [​IMG]

2. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

Hi lucco,
    Try bathing the two crabs together so they have the same "scent" and see how that works. Let us know what happens.

3. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Are there plenty of extra shell choices in your tank? It is possible he wants the other crabs shell. I have found that no matter how many shells are in the tank (mine have about 5 shells each) some crabs just can't seem to find that perfect shell. Maybe your guy really likes the shell the other is wearing. You could also try to put the aggressor in a separate "tub" with some different shells (rinse them with prepared saltwater first) for a while. Keep it in a dark, quite place and don't check on him constantly. You may just find he will move into another shell without having the other crabs shell as a possible choice.

4. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG]Hey lucco, i would deffinately go ahead and give another quick salt water stresscoat bath with all of them together also try the things Kupla sugested. see if you can find a identical shell to the one that the other hermie is trying to steel maybe with that one available it might help.

5. lucco

lucco Hi, I'm New Here!

The one that the crab was trying to steal the shell form switched shelld when i got a new shipment in so the one who was attacking moved into his shell now they are one big happy family alast [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Yay! Glad to hear that there is some peace for now LOL [​IMG]

7. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG] [​IMG]Thats wonderful news to here lucco, glad things are going much better now.. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.