1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crab in Oklahoma up for Adoption

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by lsberno, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsberno

lsberno Hi, I'm New Here!

My class began with three crabs at the first of the year and within a week we lost one. We have one who is quite sociable. A third has been buried for close to a month. So actually we may have two up for adoption. We have worked diligently this year getting their habitat as close to natural as possible but feel it would be in the crabs best interest to be in a well-established permanent home.

Is there anyone in Oklahoma who might be interested in giving Tarzan and Jane a stable, loving home?

Thanks,
    Ms. Berno and class

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Aw I hope you can find someone. You can ship too if you feel up to it. I can show you how if someone is too far- Its warm enough now to be safe

3. flamelet

flamelet (Micro Crab)

Hi! I have 8 hermies in my classroom. They're small to medium small (if that) and live in a 20 gal tank. I used to think they were much larger, but was way mistaken when I measured them on the size chart from this website. If you're willing to ship to Florida, we'd be happy to have them.:)

Please let me know if there's any other questions you have about our tank.

~flamelet~

4. lsberno

lsberno Hi, I'm New Here!

I would be willing to ship if I knew how to do it safely.

Flamelet...how long are your classes in session?

Ms. Berno

5. flamelet

flamelet (Micro Crab)

We're in until June 2; then, the hermies will be coming home with me for the summer. My husband meets me at school and we move the whole tank. I've been watching my diggers (soon to be molters- only one so far) and placing them in smaller iso tanks so they can be safe during the move.

~flamelet~

6. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I would love to adopt. I'm in Seattle though and I don't think it would be worth the risk of shipping there. It's still cold.:( I hope you can work something out with flamelet. He knows a lot about crabs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.