1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crab Fight

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Bunnydaddy, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunnydaddy

Bunnydaddy Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm new here and have found a lot of very helpful info and advice. I have a question though. My wife and I have 3 crabs that we have had for about a month now. All 3 were bought about the same time from the same store one ha burried himself so we just leave him be. The other 2 are up and about. Whenever we clean their 10 gallon tank and give them a quick dip on ocean water and put them back in the tank the start to fight. BP snapping and flailing their legs and such. I think its best to leave them be and settle their dominace, but she wants to separate them as soon as she sees it. What is best?

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

What do you mean they start to fight? Do they fight with you, or with each other?

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

It really isn't necessary to dip them unless they have mites, etc.
    Perhaps if you put each one of them back in different sections of the tank, they'll be distracted enough by their clean digs that they'll leave each other alone. As far as separating them when they spar, they have a pecking order in the wild as well as in captivity, so unless a crab is in a lot of danger (rocking the shell,etc.), I would just keep my eye on them until they settle down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.