1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could she be molting.

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by kikee, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kikee

kikee (Micro Crab)

Has anyone had a hermie molt not long after you got it?

I havent seen Lona for a few days. The last time I saw her, she was under a log and looked to be digging. Now dont know where she is??

She may be molting? Man is hard not to worry.

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

If she came from somewhere with the wrong or not enough substrate then it's good that she's molting. She is probably waiting to find a good place to molt and will be most likely to molt the first month you get there than any other given month after. She is probably molting. If you have a smallish tank then you can look underneath it and probably see his legs. You can also look at the sides beacause they sometime molt near the glass.

3. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Lou-Lou,. my newest crab, might be molting right now. She was digging a few days ago and I haven't seen her since. You're right, it's hard not to worry! Whenever they dig, I check at the bottom to see if their legs are moving, like cococrisp said, but I can't see Lou-Lou from the bottom at all!

4. cococrisp

That's probably because you have deep substrate, hopefully.

5. kikee

kikee (Micro Crab)

When I got up this morning guess who was sitting on a log and looked at me as if to say "Have you been looking for me?".... Yep it was Lona.

It doesnt look like she molted as she looks the same. My guess is she went to hide and adjust to her new home..she is a little shy.

Thanks for your help any way guys, I really felt that she had dug down to molt.

I have noticed that Limbo has started digging a lot.

My substrate is a lot deeper then the substrate that was in the tank they came from, plus it was gravel.

6. cococrisp

Good. They'll be fine. Some nights I see 4 or 5 crabs out and when I look for them in the day and I can fine 2 if I'm Lucky. Sometime I can't find my jumbo.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.