1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing little bugger!!!

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by DaisyCrab, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

I posted a few days ago about my little crab, Robby. He kept burrying himself, for a day or so at a time. I figured he was going to molt.
    SO, I put him in a separate tank, with all the luxeries of the main tank. He burried himself yesterday, only half way. I thought, ok, here he goes.
    Today he's been out roaming around, checking out shells, playing the the water, etc. He's still out now.
    Should I still leave him in there, maybe he's still preparing to molt?

2. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Honestly I've never separated my hermits when they molted unless I saw one hermit following around another hermit when they were acting as if they were going to molt, which only happened once. I use my ISO for new hermits and hermits that have left their shell for one reason or another. In my tank, since I've had the proper food and conditions, I haven't had much of a problem with attacks during molts.

3. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

I've never honestly separated them during a molt either, I just had a few ppl mention it on here to me.
    The only reason I worry about him getting attacked or injured is because Robby is quite small compared to 2 of my crabs. I doubt very much they would intentionally harm him, I just worry about them crawling over him after he's freshly molted & delicate.

4. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

....And he's burried again. Let's see how long he stays down this time. Little weirdo.

5. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

I've had a crab bury for 2 weeks, come up, bury again, come up ... this one reason why I don't separate crabs ... you never know if they are going to molt or not, so why have them alone in an ISO...there shouldn't be any problem in the main tank and unless you see any trouble brewing, why bother. Don't forget in the wild there are hundreds of crabs together at one time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.