1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused :S

Discussion in 'Species Identification - Identify Your Hermit Crab' started by Itsy, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

Ok so im planning on getting some new crabs next friday from the petstore. I know some of them are E's and some are Rugs and i seen one or two straws but i just cant figure out what this other kind were i think they may be albino's but ive never heard of albino hermit crabs. There all white except what i would call there joints were its a pinkish red almost stripes along the joints and and there eyes are a redish black. I also seen another few that i cant identify there pure black no markings nothing just pure black hermies. There are also some pure white ones. I want to get one with the pinkish joints that is white i also want to get one of the black ones and one of the white ones but id really like to know what kind of hermies they are first. If anyone has any ideas of what these crabs could be let me know cause im very very curious and i really want to get some of them!

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Sounds like it could be either a juvenile straw or a rug. Rugs come in various colors as well as E's so you can't go by color alone. Check out some species ID tests, there's a thread on here, and it will help you. Also if you do buy them and post pics of the BP, armor leg and eyes you will get people to help you ID the crab.

3. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

From what ive just looked up it looks as if the ones with the red stripe kinda things might be cavipes and the black ones Indos but the white ones i still havent been able to possibly identify the white ones i dont think are straws cause there pure white almost bleach white but there eyes are a red.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.