1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coconut mat handling and bonding

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by squidflakes, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squidflakes

squidflakes Hi, I'm New Here!

Hello everyone,

I just got a new 10 gallon crabitat, and I want to add a second level. I was thinking of making a frame out of PVC, and covering it with coconut mat. I would also use a square of coconut mat as the floor.

Are there any crab friendly ways to stick things to other things? I didn't want to go squirting all kinds of adhesives everywhere without checking for potential problems.

Thanks!

2. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

Aquarium sealant is the only hermie-safe "glue" that I know about.I twon't harm your hermies at all.[​IMG]

3. Denise

Denise Hi, I'm New Here!

I just got a new 20 gallon tank for Christmas (my hubbie must really love me) and we made shelves in it with plexiglass and glued them in with aquaurium silicone. The plexi was a little tough to cut with the jigsaw. Now I am on the drying stage. I am going to cut coconut fiber and velcro it onto the shelves. Then I will have to figure out what to use for them to climb up there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.