1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaned the tank today... phew what a job

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by DecAbbersMama, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecAbbersMama

DecAbbersMama "Preparing For First Molt"

I cleaned out the 10 gallon today because the sand was making it smell :-(. (Turns out Seacil didn't go down to molt, just needed a couple days to destress after his new roomies I guess) so it took me an hour just to clean and did the sand and everything.

I am happy to report ALL the boys are in unpainted shells. I actually got to watch Seacil change right in front of me while I was cleaning, it was neat :) I will have pics of them all and the crab-i-tat soon.

However, on a unrelated note, but still pet related I found this little guy outside my house, his momma was hit by a car. He is the sweetest ever :) Meet Nutter Butter we estimate him to be about 3 weeks old

Attached Files:

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Poor guy! He's just adorable! You should bring him to the vet to get all his shots. That's awesome that you saw your crab change. :D

3. DecAbbersMama

He is too little yet for shots or a neuter yet. I am as big an advocate of all that as anyone. He weighs less then a pound, and until he is about 10 weeks old I cant safely do them.

I saw seacil feeling out the shell and sat still and watched. It was over in 15 seconds or so.

4. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

That kitten is adorable. So fluffy! Is he eating solid food or do you have to give him formula?

Oh, and I did a deep clean today too...but mine took much longer than yours did (30 gallons = takes longer to clean out :( ).

5. DecAbbersMama

he isnt eating solid food just yet. I have been giving him formula with little pieces of wet food in it and he is starting to get it.

6. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

HOW CUTEEE!!! (Cats have always been my favorite thing.... not just animals, but like... my favorite... anything!) So fluffy.... to small to be the headrest my cat is being now! So you're keeping her? What a darling! i hope she makes a great addition to the family. Poor thing though, loosing his mother...

And it's very cool you say a shell change! i've been waiting... and waiting... still haven't seen it in action!

7. DecAbbersMama

We are going to keep the kitten (We think it is a boy, but it is a little hard to tell yet) I love it too much to give it to anyone else haha.

8. deedeeiam

deedeeiam "First Molt, A Success"

omg..i don't even like cats, and i want to snuggle that.

9. Krabs

Krabs "Never Molted"

Aww he is so cute! I love his name :)

10. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Oh. I'm going to have to do my 120 gallon and 75 gallon next week. If a thirty gallon is a nightmare I'm going to have a mess moving molters from those tanks. I have like 20 cocohuts buried randomly around the tank because I dumped a big thing of substrate in lat month.

11. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Yea, ya know!!! I have to put aside a whole day just to clean my 30-gallon tank!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.