1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chia plant

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by hermiefun, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Well vicki i just have to tell you I planted the chia seeds i got from you. It took 2 days and they were up and growing. I put the little pot in the tank. The first night my hermies just walked around it looking at it lol. Trying to figure out what it was. The next night i guess they worked it out as soon as they were up one of my big ones called Tiger was sitting right in the middle of it lol. He stayed there for about an hour by the time he left it about 1/4 of the plants were gone. Now on the third night there are 3 hermies sitting around the outside of it munching away.
    One thing i found, I got the other seed mix off you and that didnt work it got mold on it. What i did with this lot of plants was mix a little sand with the worm castings so it didnt stay as moist. I take the pot out during the day and put it under a grow light, then put it back at night. So i would reccomend the kits to anyone, just be careful not to let it get to moist.
    Thank you vicki from me and my hermies.:)

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Ack mold! I didnt know it would do that. Which seeds and I can send a replacement pack to you!:eek:

3. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

oh wow that would be great i didnt expect that. It was the kat grass mix seeds. I just looked in on my hermies again and now there is only 1/4 of the whole plant left lol they are really chowing down. Thanks alot vicki. Oh BTW did you hear anything about that shell? sorry a bit off topic.

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

No I havent received a reply yet. But he might not work weekends, Im not sure. I'll try to do some searching on my own later. I need to get the kids fed and outof my hair LOL

Send me your address either PM or email

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.