1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checking in

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by timebandit, Jan 18, 2013.

1. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

WHERE IS EVERYONE!!!!!My hermies have been sleeping for a month or so with little to no activity so I have not been on the site for a while.
    Going to the farm tomarrow to go 4wheeling and shooting. Also going to cut down some wild grapevine. Hopefully I can find a bunch.
    Hermit crabs love to climb on it. It comes in all different shapes and sizes. :blowheart:

2. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

Hey trixie! I was wondering where everyone was too. My crabs never sleep so I would like your little mini vaca too lol. if you find some good grapevine I'd like to buy some if you're willing lol, I have like 36 chollas around my tank and sand wood and ghost wood and would love to have a grapevine or 2! I'd be able to at end of feb/march :p

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

First thing I would like to say is I RRRREALLY stink at shooting and I have to take my ccw course in 2 weeks.
    I was going to get alot of grapevine but my husband decided to put the 4wheeler in the back of the truck not on the trailer. Its pretty snug in there with not to much room to spare so all I could get was a couple of real long skinny ones. But I need to go back to try and get better at shooting. Go to the gun range too. I think I'm going to make a bridge out of it.
    Went rock ckimbing too. It was fun but agrivating.
    I did see 4 of my crabbies tonight hanging onto the grapevine and cholla wood looking like 4 spiders. Not moving at all. Boooring.

4. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

Lol practice makes perfect, I'm a bow person, I have pretty good precision with a long bow. I'm sure you'll do fine! ;]
    You're doing all sorts of stuff, I'm kinda jealous lol all I do is work and school.
    That's sad about the grapevines and the crabs, I have this E that I swear is spiderman! There is this huge chunk of wood that I have and it has these 2 long pieces so I can be lifted up. Somehow Thanatos can climb upside down on it but nobody else can! I'm sure yours will get more active by the end of next month :)

5. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Well I passed my ccw corse. One step closer.
    All my hermies are surfaced and active now. Yesturday I dumped 2 gallons of water in there cause the soil was so dry but I counted them and they were all there.

6. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

hi trixie, I did no know about grapevine. do you soak it in salt water before you give it to the crabs.

7. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

First I have to drain it cause it has a sap in it. Then I rinse it off with the power hose real good. Then I rinse it off with declorinated water and bake it at 300 for about 45 min. Let it cool. Done. I also remove the top bark because it gets messy and its easy to remove.

8. LAURIE

LAURIE Hi, I'm New Here!

late getting to this..been gone for a long time. shoulder surgery is done and over with..never got back to normal and still hurts. I blame the Dr and his lack of professionalism of getting me into therapy and him canceling appt on me. now I have fibermyalgia, fun, fun! I did manage to go and lose 60 lbs! I decided I didn't want to go back to another dr for ulcers and have tubes shoved everywhere again, so I quit drinking pop all together, cut out fast food, cut out a lot of sugar crap and portions. I drink tea w no sugar & water. I still eat what I want, but not a lot of it. The pop and fast foods were killing me, making my guts hurt like crazy every time I would have them.
    I lost a crab the other day. i went looking for it after it had been down almost 3 months. I found it and the tunnel had collapsed and the e.e. had got to wet. so now i just have 4 in the 55 gal tank. I still have crabby paddy the 1st crab kyle got back in 2009.
    my son kyle has moved back home now after college, subway wasn't holding up on their end, saying they would make him a manager but they were cutting his hours, then his friend that was to be his best friend talked him into getting a 2 bedroom apartment so he could move out his parents place, i tried to tell kyle it won't work! well the kid after about 8 months decided he couldn't make it wanted to move back home and was going to stiff kyle. a 400$ something apartment! The nice parenst of this kid told him we have a garage that is furnished you can live there for 100$ no kitchen, washer ,dryer..very small. so kyle moved I told him you won't be happy there, and sure enough I get a call i want to move home and now he has a ferret! very fun to play with but when he moves out again this pet IS going with him! i still work at the library and clean the clinic. welp that's about all i can think of, still have the fat cat to. he had a bout of uti last week and had to go to the vet the vet didn't charge me office call cause he couldn't examine him cause the cat took one look at him and threw a hissey fit and wouldn't let him touch him.

9. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Sorry about the shoulder surgery not going well...I'm on my 3rd day post shoulder surgery today and feeling pretty decent. I had a capsular placation with two anchors put in...and really am not feeling too badly although I hate setting my alarm to wake up 3 times at night to take my meds!

10. LAURIE

LAURIE Hi, I'm New Here!

I waited a yr before I went, I had rotate cuff surgery. lots of damage in there, got pretty cool pictures! just had a crappy dr. I only took meds when needed. I did most of physical therp at home cause they wanted me to go and drive 30 miles 3 x's a week for 15 session and my dr wouldn't let me drive, ok ya know how hard it is to find people to get ya to dr appt that often?? I got them to work with me, I did all my stuff at home and went once a week for 30 min.

11. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

It took me almost a year from the initial not-quite-dislocation event to getting the surgery. I was able to downgrade my meds from Percocet to T3 and have been cutting that back too. Still can't lay down on my back yet, but it hasn't even been a week yet. My physical therapist won't even see me for another few weeks to make sure we don't stretch it out too quickly.

12. LAURIE

LAURIE Hi, I'm New Here!

I was sleeping in a rocking chair / reclining chair for a good 2- 3 months and then it was once in a while I could nap on the couch with my back up against the couch back pillows under my arm to keep it up and under my knees, and then maybe the 4 th month I finally slept flat on my back, but I have to have a chair by my bed so my arm can go out and rest on it, I can't lay on my shoulder, it will go numb. I know I guy that they made him do p.t. like a week after his surgery and he was in so much pain he just started to cutting back on it and then he was telling them something wasn't right, pain pills wasn't working, he could n't sleep. they told him he needed to go to a sleep clinic! ended up being the same dr i had! he ended having to go to another dr and getting surgery again! I remember only really just having to take pain pills if we went on car ride somewhere and the jostling of my arm would make it feel like I had surgery all over again, or I bumped it or someone bumped into me then it would hurt for days.