1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlotte and my Ten Gallon

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by momofboyz, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momofboyz

momofboyz (Micro Crab)

[​IMG]

This is my tank. It's a ten gallon. I would love to upgrade to a twenty gallon soon.

[​IMG]

This is Charlotte. She was one of the first hermies that I got. We had Charlotte and Wilbur, but Wilbur didn't make it because of PPS.

[​IMG]

I'm not really sure why this one is so big, but this a little better view of Charlotte. I'm going to try to post some more pictures of my other guys later. It takes me forever to upload photos, so it may be awhile. I hope you guys like the tank.:D I have some better views of the tank that I'm uploading now, so I'll probably be able to post them tomorrow. I want high speed internet for Christmas!!

2. momofboyz

momofboyz (Micro Crab)

Okay here are the rest of the pics!!

[​IMG]

I made the hemp net when I first started crabbing, and my hermies have just about ate it into. I'm going to have to make another one soon.

[​IMG]

I just recently added another shower caddy to make two levels, but I may have to come up with something else because my crabs really don't seem to be going anywhere near them. The lower caddy has frog moss in it, and the upper one just has shells.

[​IMG]

This is just another view of the front. The viney looking stuff around the bottom is on the outside of the tank just for clarification. The blue container is plain water; the yellow is for salt. Let me know what you guys think!!!:D

3. Agustus&Nigel

Agustus&Nigel (Micro Crab)

AW! Charlotte is adorable! I love her shell. Your tank is really neat, I'm just upgrading and getting some more bedding and new hemp nets.

4. momofboyz

momofboyz (Micro Crab)

Thanks, I think Charlotte is pretty special too. She is one of my firsts.

I like my tank pretty well now too, but it has been a slow going process. It's taken me almost a year to get the things that I have. There are still a ton of other things I would like to add and do. If anyone has any suggestions to make it better, please let me know. I'm open to everyones opinion, good or bad!!:D

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Charlotte is a cutie, and your tank looks nice too! Sometimes it takes a while to get everything just right, and when you do, it isn't long before you're sitting there thinking "hmmmm...if I put that over there"....etc. etc.
    (chuckle-chuckle) Charlotte seems to give it the seal of approval because she looks like she is having a good time. Congrats :)

6. momofboyz

momofboyz (Micro Crab)

McKenny, thanks a lot. It makes me feel good to get a seal of approval from people on this site because then I know that I'm doing something right for my hc. Everyone on here knows how much time we put into these tanks, so it's nice to hear people give positive feed back.:D

7. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Charlotte is living large- nice set up!!

8. CrabbyCat

CrabbyCat Hi, I'm New Here!

Lovely 10 gallon....I have a 10g as well, and I think I ma have to "borrow" some some of your ideas....hmmm....wonder if the petstore is open on New Years....

oh, and your hermie is adorable!!!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  9. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Charlotte is so adorable! She must be having an amazing time with that fantastic cage! What kind of plants are those and where did you get them? What is the hemp net made of? Thank you for all the great ideas to make my cage better!

10. momofboyz

momofboyz (Micro Crab)

The hemp net is just made from regular old hemp. If you make one, make sure that you wash it in dechlor water before putting it in your tat. I didn't wash mine first, and it got kinda slimey from the humidity. After it was washed and dried, it did fine and has been in there for almost a year now without any problems.

The plants are just a cheap ivy that I found at Michaels. I looked around and decided on those because there wasn't any metal in them at all. I'm a little leary about using plants that have metal even if the metal is covered in plastic. I think that you can get the same ivy in the crafts section at WalMart.

11. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

That's really cool! Do your hermit crabs like to climb up them? I have this climbing wall in my cage but it's hard for my hermit crabs to get a good grip on it and they only use it if I put them on it.

12. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I love the decorations. I woke up last night and one of my crabs had completely flipped this log and the one was almost crushed by it but thankfully it just sort of trapped him in this little nook of the log and I had to go rescue him.:):):):)

13. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

dont u just hate hw small the width of tanks are!

14. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

Looks like you made great use of the 10 gallon that you have!
    Your crabs might be more likely to go to the soap dish levels if they have something more stable to climb on - may I suggest some Cholla wood from Michaels? It's pretty inexpensive, and they can also eat it for the cellulose that they need. It's best on a dry surface though, if you have a moist substrate you can prop the bottom on a cocohut or other dry decoration, anchor it to the soap dish somehow, and I bet your crabs would head up there a lot more often!

15. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

charlotte is beautiful. i love your setup! she must be having so much fun! does she climb that log alot? i have a log they dont use it though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.