1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing shells

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by lighteningbee, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lighteningbee

lighteningbee Hi, I'm New Here!

Crunchy has been leaving his painted batman shell and moving into a painted halloween shell then he buries himself in the sand he waits a few days and then comes back up and changes back into the batman shell. I have lots of other shells but he keeps going back and forth between the two and always buries himself for a few days... this has been going on for a couple of weeks... anyone have any ideas WHAT is going on lol

2. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

u try cleaning out the shells?

3. lighteningbee

Yes I have cleaned the shells. I cleaned the old shell after his first change and then I just cleaned them on Sunday. I added the new shells (which I cleaned first)after his first change.

4. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

There may be something about the size of the shells or how thick/thin they are that keeps attracting Crunchy back to them.Have you tried offering unpainted versions of the painted shells (that are the same size and everything) dipped in salt water?It just might work if you give it a try.[​IMG]

5. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

No one can account for taste!

So far I think the flavor my guys like most is the green turbo...I've had 3 switch to these

Rinsing with salt water and maybe try putting them in a new location...maybe if they "discover" them in a new place they may be interested?

Good Luck with your picky shopper!

-Crystal

6. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

Lol. I still have one in a painted shell, but it's not so bad as far as painted shells go. Good luck with your crazy crab.

7. pineapplemama

Me too

Thus far Shaker has flat out refused to change out of this horrid pink/red valentine's shell...stubborn crabby!

-Crystal

8. lighteningbee

Hi all! Yes I have all kinds of shells pained and unpainted. I added 2 more Tuesday (for a total of 13 extra shells for 3 crabs lol) and Crunch moved into one of the new ones almost immediately... and didn't bury himself! I guess maybe I had not found his taste and he was buries himself from embarrassment! lol Thanks all

9. pineapplemama

Congrats!

10. gweebles

gweebles "Preparing For First Molt"

They cannot be credited for good taste sometimes. Toughy, one of my littlest ones has the biggest, thickest, ugliest shell and hangs onto that one only. I have tons of extra thinner, easier to maneuver shells, but he will have none of it. I have never seen him even try on another shell. Oddballs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.