1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change of ownership. :)

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Jason, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vckums

vckums Moderator

Again, it's not the store. It's a forum. Yes you need to rewrite stuff.

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Will our User Titles, friends, and the current social groups be lost??? And all the previous posts and threads we've written will be lost???

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

This was already answered.

4. Poppy

Poppy "Second Molt, A Success"

Okay now im confused
    You said the site is merging but yet we have to re-write/make everything if we want it transferred to you site

5. Hermies4Life

Hermies4Life (Small Crab)

I think it might be a good idea, but im not to thrilled to be changing websites. I Love the addictionstore and everything, but i do like HCRU like it is. (please no one take any offesnse to this) im just speakin my mind

6. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

hermies4ever, We will save our titles if you pm them to viki, you also have to tell her your username there!

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

Ok I will try to explain again. HCRU is merging, to the Addiction forum. As said before, I can't transfer anything. We tried and it didn't work. I appologize for you having to redo your signatures, but nothing can be transfered.

If this upsets people, again I'm sorry.

8. Hermies4Ever

Will our User Titles, friends, and the current social groups be lost??? And all the previous posts and threads we've written will be lost???

9. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I am not trying to be mean but I think viki needs a break

10. Hermies4Ever

You are right. I am sorry about the bombardment of questions, Vicki! This is just sp stressful!

11. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

This looks pretty tiresome! :D :D :D

12. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

you would know right?

13. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Vicki and her team do a wonderful job on Hermit Crab Addiction Forum and will continue to do so. You should all check out the forum, the info is basically the same. But just remember the forums are for the hermies and to share what we know. I think kudos to vicki for taking it over, cos no one had to step up and take over, you all could have clicked on a link that was no longer there so congrats vicki, i will be here to help in any way i can "hugs".

http://hermitcrabaddiction.net/forum/index.php

14. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

OK so because I have done a similar merge on another site I will try to make this as simple as I can
    On the day of the merge when you try to come here your computer willjust go to the addiction forum on it's own. Once you are there you will be asked to become a member thus creating a new user name and password. ( I suggest you just go there and make one now) Set up your user profile and such. EVERYTHING HERE ON HCRU WILL BE GONE so if there was a thread you liked that had good information on it you better copy it and save it to your own computer ;)
    Lets not worry about the small things like user names, profiles, the little tag under your name, they can all be remade.
    We should also take it easy on Vicki because this merge isn't easy and there is alot of work to be done, lets not forget she owns a biz AND has a family to take care of!!
    People that work on this site DO NOT GET PAID! Lets give them a break and let them do what needs to be done to get the merge done, I promise you in a month you wont even remember the old forum! RELAX PEOPLE II IS ALL UNDER CONTROL!!

15. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I appreciate Vicki's hard work and she's an awesome owner, but I love HCRU so much and don't want it to go away!!! It's the best forum ever and I'm going to miss it so much! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.